Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 23, 2014

Shalyn flew from SLC to Mexico City to enter the Missionary Training Center at 6:35am on United Airlines.  We left the house at 3:45am!  We arrived at the airport and there were tons of missionaries all leaving on their missions.  We got her check in and then said our goodbyes.  We watched her as she went through security.  Only after she was out of sight did we leave.

That night I got a brief email from her letting us know she'd arrived.

Hey Mommy

We were told to copy and paste this 

Your Missionary's mailing addres is:
Sister Medeiros
[Departure date] September 3th 2014 [Branch - District] 17 C
Carretera Tenayuca-Chalmita #828
Colonia Zona Escolar, Gustavo A. Madero
07230 Mexico, Distrito Federal
Mexico

The estimated departure date for your missionary is September 3th 2014. The use of the
above address on all correspondence will greatly faciliate delivery to your missionary
at the MTC. Please don't send packages.

Anyways  just a quick message, my flights were good. I slept for a while on both of them. Just sat and talked to the other missionaries while waiting for our flight to Houston. Yeah the visa was good seemed really easy. I miss you all so much already. I love what Ava wrote. My p day if i am understanding the schedule correctly is on Tuesdays. I´m glad you guys were able to sleep when you got home. Here is a big hug for all of you!!!!! and a kiss too!!

I love you all!!! 
xoxo

Hermana Medeiros

It was a challenge to get the suitcases under 50lbs

Saying goodbye to her sibs

One last family picture

The hardest goodbye!  These two have a special bond

Going through security

No comments:

Post a Comment