Monday, February 23, 2015

7 Months! -Week 31

I am soooooo good! I am so happy. Seriously this past transfer has been the best! I never thought I could be this happy but here I am! I seriously am the happiest I have ever been probably in a long time! Things are sooo good! This week was really good, sometimes my favorite nights are the nights where after we plan I get into my pjs, wash my face and just lay in bed and relax. We do so much every day and all the time when I come home I'm so tired, it's a good tired though. It just means that we are working really hard. :D

I hit my 7 months today! WOOOOOOOOWWWWW it's so crazy!! Sometimes I feel like I've been away from home for a long time but others it doesn't seem that long ago, like when I think about what I was doing last year at this time it feels like it was just yesterday that it was happening. Life is so crazy. 


Tell me about your week!  How did it go?  It was pretty good, man I left last transfers planner at my apartment...hope I can remember things that happened. Well we went to go tracting by one of our other investigators house, Bryan and Marcos (the ones who were leaving but something happened and now they aren't) and they had family outside they weren't home but their family was drinking and having a party with loud music outside. Some of them recognized us and one of them came through the back of the house and crossed a field to come talk with us, he was really nice but it was really funny. And then Bryan's uncle came and started talking to us and you could tell that he was getting drunk. We left pretty fast. But we died laughing afterwards. 

We had 6 investigators at church yesterday!! Church was just really crazy we both took a 20 minute nap after church.  bryan came to church  and his uncle came too, he said he is member but he is really less active and I have a story about him but I'll share that later haha but we went to their house early and brought them pancakes. They thought that we were selling them and they were going to buy them from us but we told them that it was a gift from us and they really appreciated it. then we were almost late to church because we waited for the member to come and pick them up and we got to church right before it started and we were trying to find people to sit with them.  His uncle  came to church and was super embarrassing he was talking during all the prayers, even the sacrament prayers, and then they were wanting to leave after sacrament because they were hungry but we didn't want to ask a member to take the home and so we had to talk to them to get them to stay for all three hours and they did, and then the teacher kind of picked on one of them and it was super awkward and then after church everyone was wanting to talk to us or ask us something and we were needed in every direction and yeah I love church but it's really just crazy. It ended  once we were home and done planning that night I got into my zebra onesie and ate cadbury eggs. haha. We also had another investigator and her two kids come and then the family that is supposed to be going to the louetta ward but loves our ward and wants to come to it instead came today too. we are still waiting to hear if they will be able to baptized into our ward.   We are crossing our fingers. They have said that if they can't move into our ward they are going to move to a place that is in our ward boundaries so they can come to our ward. 

We went tracting a lot this week and we met a lot of nice people and got a return appointment with 2 people for later this week. There was one person that I wish I would have asked if we could back but I didn't...oh man. But when we knocked on one house we stood on the porch for about 30 minutes or more and got a life story from this guy. It was really crazy. He just kept sharing story after story after story haha. 

Anything crazy happening with transfers tomorrow? Both the elders in Louetta are being transferred, and both the hermanas in woodlands south (my old area) are both being transferred. I don't know if president is doing the changes he talked about doing this transfer or if it's going to be in later transfers or just a gradual process. 


Do you guys do much service (other than teaching) on your mission? we teach English classes...but not really much else. We try but no one ever lets us do anything for them and we don't' have a lot of time to find other places to give service. 

What was the funniest moment this week? when we met David (the drunk guy) that was really funny and crazy. 

Tell me about the people you’re teaching and working with!  
So we have Elizabeth who we took to the temple with us. She is really great. The only problem we have with her is that it's really hard to get her to come to church. Her husband is only home on the weekend, he goes on work trips every week until Friday and so Saturday and Sunday are the times she and their son is with them and she doesn't want to lose any time. We are hoping we can find something that will allow the spirit to touch her heart. 

Irma-she has cancer and she has a cousin (or some family relative) in the English ward who comes with us each time. She works and so we haven't been able to come to church either. We've taught the first two lessons the restoration and the plan of salvation and we have done family history. She is so good just hard to get to come to church. 
Rosa- Rosa has a daughter and a son. They came to church this Sunday and they are so good. They are the ones i have the most hope for, at least the mom and the daughter. She is the one that fed us chicken gizzards or how ever you spell it :P nasty. But she is so sweet and we tried to see them on Wednesday but only the daughter was home and she asked if we could come in and teach her but we couldn't come inside so we just came back the next day and found all three of them at home. It was really awesome. we were going to try to extend a bap invitation the other day but we ended up teaching about church instead and so we just invited them to church. 
We have the Belasco family. They have been investigating for a while and they came to church a few times before i got here, but they've been going back to their old church still. We are going to try to take them to the temple tour the next time we have one. They are really so good. we just need to find something to push them. 
We have Bryan and Marcos who we can never get in a word because they talk more than some of the women we meet. Bryan came to church on Sunday and that was really good. We hope he had a good time and will want to come back. 
We then have the Rodrigues family. The Louetta hermanas taught them all the lessons but they don't like that ward and they have family in our ward and so they love it so much. They are just waiting for the ok to be baptized into our ward. The husband is a member and they are also waiting to make sure that he can baptize him. But they are so sweet. It's a mother and a daughter. 

Those are really all of our investigators who we have hope for right now. We have some others but we've hardly been able to meet with them. I love this work so much! I am happier than I have ever been! Mission life is the best! I am so grateful that I am here serving a mission! It's tiring and sometimes frustrating but overall it's so rewarding and so special! 

 
These members took us out to eat, they also call us their daughters.



The girls in the house almost never listen to us...haha only these guys, sometimes the daughter sits in but she didn't want to get in any of the pictures

Remember how we said that we had investigators leaving? well things changed and they are here to stay! Gave us a honduras flag and key chain for valentines day :)​

We had been asked some questions by our investigators and we didn't know the answer so we chatted with people on mormon.org haha it was a blast!

we bought pupusas and tacos :) muy rico!!

hermano morales is the sweetest man on the planet!!

Birthday Party! After dinner we made cupcakes for her

birthday party with some members :)

OAKCREST!!!!  (The name of the ward she is serving in is the Oakcrest ward.

I ate squid/octopus!  I ate the whole thing. It was actually good...haha!​

After dinner they drove us past the temple so we could see it :)

Yesterday killed the both of us, it got really stressful and so it ended with me getting into my zebra onesie and eating my cadbury eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment