be one month from hitting a year! I seriously can not believe it. It's
gone by so fast! What's even crazier is that this transfer is almost
over! Time just needs to stop going by so fast. It's super crazy to
me. My companion is on her last week in the mission and next Monday
will be her last day with me! She tries not to talk about going home
but everyone brings it up. She's not trunkie haha which I'm really
thankful for. She is going to start sending her books and heavy stuff
home today and she's started saying good bye to people and some have
signed her books. It's a little scary only having six weeks to learn
this area but I know that if I put my trust in God and work hard he
will help me. This week was so great! We had over 30 lessons this week
which is awesome! We got a baptismal date with sabina on Monday and
she was so excited but...she didn't come to church yesterday and so we
have to move it. We had called her and she told me she was coming but
then she never showed. We have a cita with her today so hopefully we
will be able to talk with her and figure some things out. We didn't
have the wedding this week because they had some trouble getting their
marriage license but now they have it and on Friday we are throwing
them a wedding and then they are getting baptized Saturday! We are so
happy for the elders. It's going to be so much fun! We've been getting
the wars involved to prepare things for the wedding and it's going to
be so great!
We went to the temple this week as a district and it was real,y
awesome! I love the temple, afterwards we walked back to the dressing
room slowly and just looked at the rooms where the doors were open it
was so peaceful! I didn't want to leave! We then took a ton of
pictures outside and it was so great. The navasota elders were able to
trade cars with one of the other missionaries who have a van so that
we could all carpool together. The four of us from Bryan and college
station fell asleep in the car on the way home.
We got fed the most we have gotten fed at a members house on
Wednesday. She piled our plate a mile high with salad and then had
another plate with rice and meat and potatoes and beans with eggs oh
my gosh we thought we were going to throw up. Literally we just laid
on our bed and couldn't move that night or the next morning. Most the
time we don't get stuffed a lot of the time sometimes we don't have
meal appointments or they forget that we are coming over but when that
happens we either go out to eat or if we are close we go home and eat.
The other day our appointment forgot we were coming even though we had
confirmed with them the day before and we didn't have miles we didn't
want to go spend money and we went to an investigators house and the
grandma randomly made us tacos. They were so good and then they gave
us stuff for the next day at lunch!
We had a ward party on Saturday and it was pretty fun. Took a while
for everyone to get there but we had a lot of people show up. I
learned how to play horseshoes and it was fun. I got close so many
times but I think I only made it once in like ten minutes.
We tried to see Alex aka the tattoo man haha but he wasn't home when
we tried. We will have to try again I hope one day we see him again
because he was super awesome!
I hate working on holidays. It's just so hard because yes it is the
day when people are home with their families but that doesn't mean
they want missionaries to come knocking on their door we still managed
to have some lessons yesterday but it was hard trying to figure out
who to go see. Father's Day was a little hard but I didn't let myself
think about it. I have a Heavenly Father and that's all that is
important to me. It just makes me sad so I try not to think about it
too much. I'm sorry it's rough for too you mommy, one day we will
understand everything. You are not a failure though mommy I promise.
You are so wonderful and don't deserve anything that has happened in
your life.
Our biggest miracle was just that we got in with so many people and
made so many of our goals. We had so many member presents and almost
all of them were surprise ones. We worked super hard this week. I
drove all of last week but I'm. It driving this week because I guess
driving helps mcomber when she's stressed so I'm letting her drive. I
tried Jamba Juice this week and it was pretty good. I got pomegranate
paradise. I've been working on my outlines that I should have had done
a long time ago but I slacked off. But I almost have an outline for
every lesson.
I'm super excited for next week, I'm sad to say good bye to mcomber
and to Carbajal but I'm excited to see who is going to come up here.
Hopefully someone good haha.
This week is going to be great we have so many plans already set and
we are going to work as bad as we can. And plus we are helping the
elders with the wedding and e baptism so that's going to be something
fun to look forward to this weekend. I can't wait to show you all the
pics and tell you all about it next week! I hope y'all have a great
week!
Btw hint of advice stay away from grassy areas with ants...ant bites hurt!!!
Con amor
Hermana Medeiros
https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2013-01-002-earthly-father-heavenly-father?lang=eng
I love this video so much! We always have our Heavenly Father who is looking out for us. Even if it feels like no one else is there he is always here helping us, caring for us and being our Father. You never need to feel alone! I know he lives!
| Texas is so green and so pretty! |
| TEMPLE!! |
| TEMPLE!! |
| blanco :) white |
| look at this cool car! |
| TEMPLE!! |
| These girls are so cute! |
No comments:
Post a Comment