Dear family and friends
It's definitely been a week. I'm tired of packing and moving. I stayed
in the same area while taking over the other hermanas area. We decided
that we would move into their apartment because it was closer to the
area. So I had to pack everything and unpack....I thought I wouldn't
have to pack or move anymore. So I have a new address but seriously
I'm not going to be here too much longer so if you end up sending
anything just send it to the mission office or just wait till I get
home. But if you already sent something to the other apartment that is
ok we still have the keys and so ill go to check sometime this week.
On Monday we had some awesome lessons with people and then also said
goodbye to a couple people. Well Hermana gayler said goodbye. On
Tuesday I got my new companion. Gayler went to jersey village! We met
up with the elders so we could redivide the area and then we went to
our new apartment and cleaned it....it was really bad. You would have
thought elders had been in there. The rest of the night was pretty
good, we went over and slept in my old apartment so that I could pack
all my stuff and on Wednesday we were out of that apartment. We had a
Christmas party in an English class that we teach at a school. All the
students were sad because Haslam and Childs weren't there but we
assured them that we would be good friends. They had a gift exchange
and hey all brought us things too. It was so cute. It was the most
precious thing ever. So in the English ward they were going to be
getting there own set of missionaries and we were going to mainly over
the Spanish ward, but on Wednesday the elders called us telling us
they were not going to be over the ward. That created more stress but
it will be good. I guess 3 missionaries didn't come to the mission
from the Mtc. So we are still over both wards.
We started teaching this nine year old boy in the English ward. For
some reason the bishop told the family to wait to have him baptized so
that he could be baptized with other kids. But in doing this he turned
nine and so he became an investigator. We had not been given any
information so we went in confused with the whole situation but
anyways we saw him Wednesday Thursday and Friday and then he was
baptized on Saturday :) I love this family so much. They are so
awesome and so strong. So surprise we had a baptism this week! And we
have one next week for Efrain who is also 9 years old. He had his
interview yesterday and he passed. We are so happy for him.
On Friday after district meeting we got to go to the nursing home
where we had the thanksgiving service dinner party and we did a
Christmas one. We helped pass out a,l the food and got to sing some
Christmas carols for the . It was really fun. I love those service
projects that we get to do.
On Saturday we had our ward Christmas party, a couple people from
jersey village showed up and it was really fun to see them. We had a
couple less actives come and some non members. It was fun. The primary
sang some carols and they also sang in sacrament meeting, they are so
cute. I love the primary in this ward.
We have a million people in our area book planner now, we had
president move everything that was on Fairbanks to just be on ours as
well and there are so many people who were taught just one time and
then never seen again so we need to follow up with them. We have meet
some cool people, they are all really nice. I'm excited to get to know
more and more people.
Tonight the Spanish ward is doing a mock nativity scene and so I'm
looking forward to that. They are going to have hot chocolate and
videos and then clothes so you can dress up like Mary or the
shepherds. We invited everyone we talked to. So hopefully we will have
a good turn out.
We have our mission Christmas party on Wednesday on my 17th month
mark, and on Sunday it will be my 1 month till I go home. And my
little bumble bees birthday :) I'm super excited for Christmas,
because on Christmas Eve and Christmas we have some great members that
we are going to go see. I'm super excited, I don't even care if I have
to eat a lot, I just want to spend it with the members in these wards.
Anyways, this week will be great! I love you all so much! Hope I
didn't miss anything, if I did I'll send another letter.
¡Feliz Navidad, próspero año y felicidad!


No comments:
Post a Comment