I
can't wait to see pictures of them in their costumes!!! that is so
cute!!! Yeah on Halloween we have to be in our apartments by 6 so we will
probably play some games and decorate the inside of our apartment, hang
out with the other hermanas and make treats and watch church movies :D
and hang out in our onesies ;)
Oh I hardly ever eat lunch. sometimes my breakfast is just a piece of
toast, but I try not to really eat in the morning, 1. I'm never really
hungry 2. if I eat I won't be hungry later. But, I know it's not good to
miss a meal so I try to eat a little something when I first get up.
I
am so excited to watch conference!! Yeah it will be at the church not
sure which one will show it in English. I am so glad that i can watch it
in English. As much as i love Spanish i am not ready to watch general
conference or anything int hat matter in Spanish. i would probably only
get a few words here and there, maybe next fall conference haha :)
In
your letter last week, I got a little confused—you talked about H***
and E***, Are they investigators or inactives? If they’re
investigators, how did you find them? They are investigators. We found
them at the English class. We showed them the restoration dvd the other
day and they loved it!! They are so awesome! We had tried calling them
about an hour before our lesson and they didn't answer the phone. About
ten minutes later they called us back and said they didn't answer
because they were reading the Book of Mormon! that was so awesome! they
always have so many wonderful questions. I can't wait till I can actual
help answer questions instead of just teaching some principles. :D Later
you talked about E***, are both of his parents members? Yes they have
become reactivated in the time that I have been here. His baptism is
coming up! Must be exciting? we are so excited! And so happy that we
have them as our people to teach. The family is really awesome. E*** is
so funny, we just need him to read his Book of Mormon! He is the
silliest boy.
I liked your answers last week to the questions I wrote you so you get the same questions this week:
What was the funniest thing that happened this week?Hermana
Carbajal was really worried about our miles this week and we were
trying to figure out where the church building was we were meeting
at for the movie and we were asking our district leader who then
forwarded the text from the zone leader with the address and the city on
the text as Sandy, Utah. Hermana Carbajal thought he had just sent it
because he knew she was stressing about the miles, as a joke and so she
wrote saying something along the lines of "Well I definitely don't have
that many miles so looks like we can't go." and he replied "have faith,
faith moves mountains" Then after laughing we replied with "well Texas
Doesn't have any mountains so we can't have faith." and then the last
thing he said was "looked like someone already used all the faith in Texas to move all the mountains" It was really funny but basically the
zone leader had just for some reason put the wrong address on it.
What was the most random thing that happened? um....a
drunk guy we contacted kissed our hand. We shake peoples hand when we
meet them (if they are guys, if they are women we do the hug and kiss on
the cheek thing) It was awkward. After that we quickly said goodbye and
left.
What was the most spiritual thing that happened?.When we sang The efy medley in Spanish on Saturday. It was so amazing and the spirit was there. So many people came up to us and said it sounded like angels were singing with us.
What was your happiest moment this week? When
we met G*** who is J*** wife (who is a less active who wants to
become active and get sealed in the temple) and we taught her for the
first time this week and the whole lesson was really good and when we
gave her a Book of Mormon she was really happy and gave us both a big
hug. :D
Tell me about the divisions (or whatever the heck they’re called) Where did you go, who were you with, what did you do?etc. know me..tell me everything :) We call them exchanges. So far I really am not a big fan of them because I would rather be in my own area and I almost had to miss teaching H*** and E*** but we met early since Hermana C and Koch were in the area and so I got to go. And they really are just kind of a pain. Yeah it's fun to get to know the other sisters but I'm still trying to get used to our area and the only reason we went on one is because we had gone to the mission office and had picked up the letters for that companionship and Hermana Koch really wanted her letters. If I have any funner exchanges I will let you know :)
On Thursday I had to teach a lesson by myself. We went out with one of the members
and earlier that day while planning we had decided to share a scripture
on faith and Hermana C had me choose the scripture and then I had to
present it to the Hermana. Hermana C hardly said anything at all. The
hermana was so proud of me with my Spanish and when we were asking who
would say the closing prayer she told Hermana Carbajal to since she had
made me teach the lesson by myself.
So
guess what?? I am going to start teaching piano to one of the hermanas
in our ward. I love her kids so much. She has four kids and they remind
me of my siblings. They are so crazy! One of them is a month older than Cole. She has a son named L*** and i love him so much, he always
comes up and hugs us and the other day he came up and hugged me and said
"thank you so much for being willing to teach us the piano I'm so
grateful!" aww!! He is the sweetest most loving boy. They are probably
my favorite family so far in the ward.
It's
really fun meeting people from all of the world. i have met people from
Argentina, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico and so many other places. It's
so much fun to find out where people are from!
Love you!!!!
| We found a big chair at the mall last Monday :D it is huge!! |
| These are the two other Hermanas in our district. The reddish hair is Hermana Hill and the dark hair is Hermana Fitzgerald |
| After we were done with our district meeting we made lunch. Hermana Hill's mom went to France and sent her this sauce stuff and so we made pasta! It was really good :) |
| Beautiful Texas Sky |
| Our Car |
| Us with hermana C's old companion and her companion. Don't remember their names... |
| Hermana Woodard and I! |
No comments:
Post a Comment