Monday, October 13, 2014

Baptism!! Week 12

This week has been so good! Last Monday we hung out with the other Hermanas after we emailed and we went around some stores. We all bought this pin that say Woodlands...I left it in our apartment and don't have a picture of it yet but I will get a picture maybe this week hopefully!  They are so ugly but so funny as well!

 So on Monday we had a lesson with H*** y E*** and we talked about family history and the work we can do for them. And we found out some really annoying news but we are trying to figure it out. They are not married!!! It is kind of a damper because we need to get them to get married before they can get baptized so maybe sometime in the next few weeks we might help set up a wedding...we were going to visit them last night but we had some other things we had to do. But hopefully we will see them later tonight and we can figure out the reason they are not married and hopefully commit them to get married so that they can get baptized like they want to!

Tuesday was a really good day. We took one of our old investigators to the church employment center to help her find a job and by the end of it she was in tears and was just so grateful and so happy that people are so loving and kind. We talked with her in the car and she was crying the whole way back to her house and Hermana C was able to share her testimony with her and we asked her if she wanted to start taking the lessons again and she said she has been meaning to ask us for quite a while now!!! Hopefully we will be able to start teaching her again soon! We then went up to Conroe and met with a few people up there and we met with one of our members who lives next door to one of our investigators. She invited us to have dinner with her we really didn't want to eat because we were going to be eating in like 2 hours but we said yes. WAIT FOR IT!! I FINALLY HAD THE WEIRDEST THING I HAVE EVER EATEN!!! DRUM ROLL PLEASE.....I ate chicken NECK soup....yeah. I didn't know what it was until after I ate...so glad I didn't know what it was before or else that would have been really hard to eat. But it was good I guess. Haha.

On Wednesday we fasted for our investigators and to know what we needed to do to help them progress even more. We went to one of our members house and did some service for her because she broke her arm. We carried a toy box that was probably over 100 pounds because it was solid wood and was filled with some things down the stairs...it was really hard but luckily no one got hurt. She gave us a few games that she was going to sell. We got clue in Spanish and then this other weird game that I'm not sure what it is called. But good games for p day when we aren't sure what to do. We went to chick-fil-a and had a lesson with Carlos (he is a menos active) we had  lesson with him while we ate. (he is the kitchen manager there) we talked about the atonement and the scripture we turned to, he told us it was his favorite scripture and the first scripture he read when he started investigating the church and reading the book of Mormon. It was a really good lesson. We then taught a new investigator and the lesson was a big struggle for me because I had no idea what questions to ask or what to say. But I was able to do a few parts easily but some things in the restoration are hard for me to teach. 
Nothing really big or exciting happened on Thursday or Friday we made lunch again for district meeting and that was really fun. Saturday was amazing (E***'s baptism)! We had our baptism and H*** came!! The baptism was so amazing and we were so happy that H*** got there in time to see it. E*** is the cutest little boy ever! I am in love with his family. The baptism was amazing and it was a really special night. We went and visited his family last night after church and they now have it as a goal to be sealed and a few months ago they were close to divorce. This family has gotten closer and it is so amazing to watch. And they are wanting to get their patriarchal blessing and D*** told us that we make her want to do the right thing and come to church and do the things that she needs to do. Next goal for this family is getting them sealed in the temple!!! 
On Saturday we also had another missionary homecoming. So we were at the church all night. From like 4 until 930. It was all really good though. 
Yesterday we got another baptismal date!!! G*** is married to J*** who is a less active but has been wanting to come back to church and they have a goal to be sealed and right now the plan is that she will be baptized on November 22!! We were so happy!! Hopefully that goal will stay in place! We are meeting with them tonight. The only damper is they can't decide if they want to go to the English ward or to the Spanish ward. J*** want's to go to the English ward for some reason but we think it would be better for G*** to learn the gospel in Spanish. I mean J*** was born in Venezuela and he speaks Spanish so we can't figure out why he wants to go to the English ward. If they go to the English ward we can't teach them anymore. The English missionaries would have to teach them. We want what is best for them but we hope that we can still teach them!
When you met with your president last week, did he say anything about when you'll be getting I-Pads and how that is going to work?  No he didn't say but Elder P said his friend emailed him saying that in some missions missionaries have been using the ipads for evil (that is how he worded it) and so the church is rethinking the whole thing. I don't know how valid that is but that is the only thing we have heard. President has told us not to ask him about them apparently so I'm not sure.

Man bad things need to stop happening to you guys while I am here...Gosh dang it adversary go get your own life!!! I hope your shingles heal fast mommy!!

When asked if she was glad she chose to serve a mission, "I love it, I love it with all my heart. It's definitely hard but I wouldn't change anything for the world. I'm so tired by the end of each day and I either just want to crash or I get kind of hyper like last night where I kept doing hand stands in our apartment and other things but it's always a good tired. It makes me really happy I'm so glad I decided to come on a mission."

If you want another perspective of the missionary work in The Woodlands, this is her companion's blog http://hermanacarbajal.blogspot.com/

Last P-Day

Shalyn is learning to eat things she used to dislike

District lunch

They made Camo cupcakes for the baptism on Saturday


Gorgeous!

Camo cupcakes!

I sent them a halloween box--having fun with of the things in the box

I sent them a halloween box--having fun with of the things in the box






No comments:

Post a Comment