Things were good this week, we met with president on Sunday
because he is rearranging our area and we just got a huge new section
and so we are going to start going up there sometimes. We are getting
more miles which is really good. Not sure how much but enough to be able
to to travel the long drive to the edge of our area to meet those
people. Transfers are this week and one of the hermanas in my district is
leaving which is really sad but I know she is needed somewhere else and
I really didn't feel like I knew her all that well even though we saw
them multiple times every week. But things were really good this past
week!
What has happened with H and E? So far they are
just the same, the watched the restoration video just for fun which was
amazing and they are just so perfect. We haven't found the right time to
bring up them getting married but hopefully the spirit will help us
know how to do it soon!!
How was church yesterday? Did you
have any investigators or less actives come? Church was so
stressful...yesterday was just really bad. I got asked to play in
sacrament literally 2 seconds before church started. It's really hard to
know what song it is when it is in Spanish. The first two songs really
stunk but the last two were good because I had a chance to look and see
what they were in English. It was also hard because NO ONE IN THE WARD
new the songs and so no one was singing and so I was constantly afraid
that I was playing it really badly but the other hermanas told me that
they didn't even know the songs.
E was supposed to come to
church!! H had to work and they only have one car but we called D
(Edgar's mom and she said that she would pick her up on Sunday.
AT 845 e calls us (I answered the phone and talked to her all by
myself!!) and D hadn't come yet. We tried calling her and calling
her but she wouldn't answer and we tried calling other people to see if
they could give her a ride but no one was answering. We were hopping
that maybe D was just going to be late but after sacrament meeting
she still wasn't there and she hadn't called us or texted us. E sent us a
text half way through sacrament meeting saying at she was ready and
everything. WE felt so bad. But there was nothing we could do about it.
We texted her during relief society and told her how sorry we were but
that we knew that god was happy with her desire to come to church and
she responded saying that she knows god will help her get to church.
Church was also stressful because we had to teach in Sunday
school about the signs of the second coming. I just stood there and
looked pretty...haha while Hermana Carbajal talked about our part of the
lesson. We were told on Friday afternoon that we had to teach and we didn't have any time to prepare anything and so it was really stressful.
We
then had lunch at a members house and then had to go back to the church
to meet with president about our area. and then we had the fireside
which was really good! Hermana Carbajal sang my kindness shall not
depart from thee, and I played the piano. I got told how excellent I
was. My legs were shaking like 1000000MPHS it was really frustrating
because it is hard to play the piano and pedel when my legs are
shaking!! We sang in the choir and it was all amazing. It was really
weird singing in English because we hardly ever do that. But I got to see
Hermana Woodard AND Hermana Haslam. it was really weird being all
together for the first time in 7 weeks. We were able to talk and get a
picture...which I will send in a few minutes.
Tell me about your week? This week was pretty
good. It's gone by super fast. We didn't do a lot of finding this week
but we had almost 20 lessons this week! Which is super awesome!
How
are things with your investigators? Our investigators have been good
we've had a lot cancel and W*** is basically inactive now because he
got offended when we told him he had to pay his tithing. The only
reason he got baptized was because he loves the missionaries. So many
people have said that they wouldn't have baptized him if they had taught
him. It has just hard because he's had strokes or something and so he
basically has a mind of a 5 year old and doesn't understand anything
really. I mean it's good for people to get baptized but it's not good if
they do it only because of the missionaries. We are really stuck at
what to do and we are trying to get the ward to help out but we don't
have the best support from our ward.
What was your best
moment of the week? the best moment was teaching E and H because it was
the first lesson we tried to teach with talking together. Instead of
each of us taking a principle we shared each principle together and I
was able to do a lot and it felt really good. We had the exact same thing
happen this week where I couldn't teach at all and we even were
teaching in English. Sometimes it's hard to master teach. Master
teaching is where they basically teach themselves. You ask question and
they answer, if they don't know you read out of the pamphlet or you read
a scripture. It's really frustrating sometimes.
Worst
moment? Not to many bad moments. Just trying to stay focused during
lessons when I'm not understanding what's going on is always hard.
How
did lunch go last Monday with Hma C's previous comp? Lunch went really
good. I didn't eat because I wasn't hungry but it was good. Hma C's
previous comp's companion is going home today. She gave me a bunch of her
clothes and a gps. Super sweet of her but I wish she wasn't going home.
Everyone has been telling her to stay but she just doesn't want to do
it anymore.
Plans
for today? Hanging out with the other hermanas and taking pictures
because Hermana Fitzgerald is being transferred this week!
| Real Texas BBQ! "It was a ton of food, we shared!" |
| MTC Companions reunite |
| Mission President's Fireside |
| Shalyn and Hermana Fitzgerald |
| Cute Companions! |
No comments:
Post a Comment