Tuesday, January 20, 2015

6 Months!!! Week 26

I know it's so crazy! I've been gone half a year! It doesn't even seem like that though...the past few months just feels like a dream! It goes by so fast! 

How is Tomball?!?!  It is really good! It's not the woodlands but I still love it already so much!! There are a lot more trailer parks here and we actually have ward council and correlation with the ward mission leader. That is a nice change.  My new apartment
is sooooo much bigger!!! We don't have  washer or dryer but we take our clothes to a members house and they do it for us :)

 How are things with Hermana Rupp?  She is super nice I love her so much! we talk alllllll the time, we've probably talked more this week than my last companion and I did our whole transfer. She is super nice and super sweet. She's been out 1 transfer longer than I have.

Have you met many members of the ward?   Yeah I've slowly been meeting the members and they are all super great, really loving and welcoming :) and once again I'm getting the "how do you have a Portuguese last name? why don't you speak Portuguese?" it's really funny everyone is so disappointed when I tell them I don't speak/know Portuguese. Haha I got told that when I get home I have to go to school and learn Portuguese.  

How is the missionary work out there?   I'm slowly meeting the investigators and they are all pretty cool, i don't think I've really met any less actives...but maybe i have i don't remember. I feel like such a new missionary again haha I don't know anything! But it's ok it will come as I am here longer. How many sets of missionaries are in your ward?  It's just us and a set of elders :) which is really awesome I think. Did you know Hma Rupp at all before now?  nope I didn't know her before, I kind of met her one time when she was on an exchange with carbajal last transfer and we were at the Hernandez with them but that really was it. She was with Dryden who Coronado trained. 

 Did you get my package? Yeah your package got here on Saturday but I didn't get it till Monday :) I had to laugh so hard when I read your letter haha I can't believe that there are already Cadbury eggs being sold!!! AHHHH I bought a small pack the other day and then you sent me a big pack! Yummmm Next week I will have to send you a picture of my candy box....haha it's CRAZY!!!

Were you surprised to get a package from me? Yes haha there were two packages and we both thought they were going to be for Dryden because she got so much stuff when she was here but nope haha one was for me and the other for Rupp :) Hermana Rupp was really surprised too she asked "how did you get found already" haha I read her that part of your letter and she really enjoyed it.    

What time do you have church on Sundays now? haha it's at the same time :) 11 it made me really happy.   What about food?  Is there just as much of it in the new area? oh my gosh there were so many times this week where we ate 2 meals a day and only a couple hours between each of them. We both wanted to die we were so full. We have this family in our ward (we are going to see them today) they make like 6 different meals and have it all in 1, they don't like just having one plate they like having so many more plates. But luckily they let us serve our selves so if we can just take a little bit of everything then it will be good. This week I've had coconut hot chocolate, cherry ice cream, pineapple drink, actual pineapple, coconut cookies and coconut cake. AHHHHH haha but it's good for me to try new foods :)

How did things go last Monday when you met with the mission doctor?  It was good, I just went to the office and he told me a little about anti depressants but he didn't tell me much. When I saw President on Tuesday he told me he finally got a hold of President Marshall and that I just had to send him the pharmacy address and I did that on Wednesday morning and then later that afternoon he texted me saying they called it in and then by that night I got my pills so now i am taking anti depressants I think it's fluoxtine--not sure how to spell it. Its pretty good, so far nothing too crazy has happened with them.

So here are just some bullet points since I don't have a lot of time of what happened this week
Monday-said goodbye to as many people as I could and then I was up till 2am packing
Tuesday-got a new companion, had correlation got to know some people in the area
Wednesday -We got chased my a dog and we literally ran to our car and jumped in, it was really funny, I played chess with a 10 year old boy and it lasted forever and in the end his mom helped me and I won haha
Thursday- nothing really exciting
Friday-we had district meeting and it was pretty fun to be with a new district, everyone is so nice. I'm with Hermana provost again!!!! YAY!!!!! I love having her in my district!!
Saturday-we practiced the song with Hermana Carbajal and the pills made me really happy that day and I was just laughing the whole time, they had a fun time teasing me about that.
Sunday-we had church and we ate a lot at a members house and then we had the fireside which was really really good
Monday - I learned how to long board and skateboard!  Hermana Rupp and I got together with the two elders in our ward and two of the elders in our district and we bought habanero peppers which are one of the hottest peppers and we all ate them. Haha it hurt so bad!!! We video taped it (I'll send you the video next time I send videos). Elder Mitchell dropped out first, then Elder Hernandez and then Hma Rupp. Finally Herrera, Attkison and I just sat there and then we decided to pop a second one. Herrera dropped out first and then Attkison threw up. It hurt so bad but I lasted longer than everyone else!!! And then later on I did a third haha I felt so sick that night haha it was so much fun even though it was painful. Here's to all those who made fun of me for not being able to handle taki's!!! Haha :)

Anyways That's my week in a bottle. This transfer is so good already and I love it here, I've been able to speak a lot more Spanish more comfortably and it's been easier to speak, I've also been able to go unprepared into members house's pick a scripture and make a lesson off of that so that has been really good, I feel more confident this transfer and my companion and I get along so that's good!​
 
I seriously love being a missionary!! There is nothing better and it goes by so fast I can't believe it!! It is so crazy!! hopefully nothing will be hot to me now. Missionary life is great and I love it so much!!!

All packed and ready for her transfer

MTC Companions

Shalyn's new companion--Hermana Rupp


No comments:

Post a Comment