This week was pretty good! Just still working, we
lost contact with a ton of our investigators this week which sucked but
we are slowly getting back into contact with them. We've had a lot of
appointments cancel still but we have a lot more people that we are
working with and hope to see things start improving with our
investigators. On Sunday we made a list of everyone and what we wanted to happen this last week of the transfer and that's what we fasted for. And on Sunday
we had an investigator who has been investigating for probably like 3
years she came to church for the first time!!! It was really amazing!
She has always said that she would come but never did but yesterday
she texted us asking us to drive to her house so she could follow us to
the church! We were so happy! She and her three kids came! She only
stayed for two hours but it was a miracle that she even came to church!!
On New Years Eve we hung out with the Santiago family at night for
dinner and ended up staying there forever! We played sorry while dinner
was getting ready and then we played it after too. I won one of the
rounds :) it was a lot of fun.
On
new years eve we meant to go to bed on time but we were talking and then
we were looking at journal entries from when we first got into the
mission and then I looked at the clock and said "new years is in 5
minutes" so we got on our shoes and grabbed a blanket and stood on our
balcony and then there were fire works that we got to see too so haha
then I didn't go to bed till almost 1 because I had to write in my
journal and pray haha so without meaning to I stayed up till the new
years :)
On January first we went to the Hernandez
house because they told us to come over for lunch and haha they were
almost all still sleeping but we ate with them and then the Santiago
family came over too and we played sorry again, we visited a few people
and then we went to Blanca's house and ate nachos :) which were super
good. First she gave me a hug and then she pulled
away and then said here is a hug from your mom :) made me happy and she
told me about the post and how you guys talked a little bit :). Later we went over to the Rodrigues family and ate again and it
was really good too. I love all these families that are in our ward! They
are seriously the best!
On Friday I woke up and it hurt to walk we had eaten so much on Thursday that just standing up hurt but it went away slowly throughout the day. We had zone meeting on Friday
and it was really good, I got to see hermana provost! I feel so bad for
her and her companion...she has a cold and they have bed bugs. I didn't
even know those things really existed I always thought it was a joke!
Anyways for the month of December we didn't go over miles!! With the
miles we had exempted we were right on where we needed to be! We had to
walk a lot to stay under though. I need to invest in rainboots...there was one day it was
raining and I accidentally stepped in a puddle and my feet were wet and
freezing for the rest of the night. I've gotten some tights from walmart
but I might invest in a few more pairs. I have to keep my jacket in the
car because every night it is so cold! It's probably in the low 50's
highish 40's by the end of the night and the days are not very warm
either. It's been pretty cold lately. I really am surprised that i
haven't gotten sick with how much we have been outside in the cold
lately.
Yesterday at church I was just sitting there listening to the
testimonies and Leo came up to me and gave me a hug he had left to go to
the bathroom or something and when he came back in he gave me a hug it
was the sweetest!!! Also we went contacting last night at the lavandaria
and I was talking to this one guy who spoke English and I asked him if
he knew of anyone who spoke Spanish and wanted to learn English and he
said "no me and my wife are both coconuts." I didn't really understand
it until I was talking to my companion afterwards and then we realized
that it meant brown on the outside but white on the inside haha like
they look like they speak Spanish but they don't haha. We started
laughing. During primary I was asked to play the piano and hermana carbajal
directed because the normal piano player and conductor were both sick. There was some time before they needed the music and hermana
carbajal and I just talked. I'm so glad that she is still in my district I'm going to be so sad when i leave because I'll probably end up
leaving before she does! Elder Perez has an English companion for this
week. But his companion is picking up Spanish really good! He bore his
testimony in church yesterday and he has been speaking Spanish for less
than a week! It was slow but it was so good!
This week we just saw Hugo...we are praying that We never see Edilma's name on our phone
because he said she was going to call us and tell us that we couldn't
come back. He doesn't want that. That was last Monday
that she was supposed to call us and she hasn't yet so the spirit is
working with her. We told him he needs to text us when she is home that
way we can see her and then he will leave that way we can just talk with
her and help her. He wants to be baptized so bad but he doesn't want
contention between him and his wife.
Anyways,
our p day ends short today because one of our investigators who we lost
contact with could only see us at 4 today and so our p day ends at 4.
Right now we have a lot of investigators but none of them are
progressing yet. Hopefully that will change this week!!
Love y'all!!!!
| All the missionaries in our ward |
| We have spent so much time with this family lately!! I love them! |
| Having fun with a christmas tree :D |
| Hermana Provost!!!! I got to see her at zone meeting |
| Never buy food from a store that is named this...haha |
No comments:
Post a Comment