This
week seriously went by so fast! I can not believe that July is over! We
are already half way through this year! I feel like this year just
started! i really can't believe that i have been on my mission for 12
months. The time has gone by so fast and i have learned so much. I know
that everything happens for a reason. I'm so grateful for my mission
president and for all the companions that i have had. Being on a mission
hasn't been the easiest thing but i didn't sign up to do something
easy. I signed up for something that would help me grow, something that
would stretch me and pull me in every direction and keep pulling until i
couldn't be pulled any more. i love being a missionary. My name tag is
seriously my most prized possession. I love being here in Texas. I know
that it is where God needed me to serve. And i'm going to do all i can
these next few months to keep growing and to keep pushing myself and to
do all i can to be a true representative of Jesus Christ.
So on Monday
we had a really good lesson with our investigadora quien tiene una
fecha bautismal and it was so great. We talked about baptism y que
significa y todo. But she's been a little frustrating right now because
she is sending us a ton of mixed messages. We are hoping to see her
today to figure out if this is what she really wants.
We've
been doing a lot of contacting and this week encontramos cinco mas
investigadores. one is a cute little old man and another one is a
family! We are so excited for all these people and i hope that they are
ready to open their hearts to our message.
So
we were doing language study the other day and i was looking at the
word that it was telling me to define. I couldn't figure it out. I
thought the word was in Spanish and all the definitions were
translations were in Spanish. So i asked my companion. She took one look
at the word and said it in English haha the word was cores and i was
pronouncing it cor-es haha it was so funny. There are some words that i
really can't say in English anymore. haha.
i
got to go on an exchange to hunstville this week and it was so great! I
was with a missionary who has been out for 1 transfer and one who just
got here. i learned so much from them. We met a lot of cool people and
had some cool experiences. Those poor girls they live in an apartment
that has cockroaches. i killed 2 while i was there. It was seriously
such a good exchange!
We've
been working on a lot of the less activies and in actives to find out
who still lives in the addresses. We are trying to get things more organized and we ended up meeting an inactive family who i had never met
and they are really nice!
we
went to go try a potential that we knocked into a couple days before
but he wasn't home and so we decided to go knocking and we had this one
lady open up and we ended up teaching the whole restoration and she
accepted a soft baptismal invitation! The lesson was so good and we are
going to see her tonight! We are so excited!
So
much is happening in this area and it's going so great! I feel a lot of
what we have been doing this transfer is to set up for next transfer! I
really hope I'm here for next transfer. i don't want to get moved! But
as the song says "I'll go where you want me to go dear lord" I'll go
where ever he needs me to be.
I
don't know if the elders are having problems right now, I don't think
they are mainly just on the search for new investigators since their
three that they had got baptized.
What's the best thing you ate this week? mmm...no se problamente pasole, it's this soup and it's super good!
What
are you most excited about right now? The people that we recently have
been finding! And that we are having more people come to church
Plans for rest of today? I'm going to buy cowboy boots! Hopefully if they still have them in my size!
We
will probably go get free yogurt land at some point. We are hoping to
be able to rest and take a nap or just chill. The heat is so draining.
Do you hang out w/ the Elders much on Pday? yeah we sometimes go to lunch together or to yogurt land, sometimes we meet a ton of missionaries at the church and play games but we haven't done that one too often.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng
Do you hang out w/ the Elders much on Pday? yeah we sometimes go to lunch together or to yogurt land, sometimes we meet a ton of missionaries at the church and play games but we haven't done that one too often.
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2009/10/safety-for-the-soul?lang=eng
This is one of my most
favorite talks. It's so powerful and we have been using parts of it to
help testify to our members, and investigators about the truthfulness of
the book of Mormon. it's has definitely strengthened my testimony so
much.
I
know the book of Mormon is true without a shadow of a doubt. It makes
sense. the book of Mormon has helped me grow closer to my father in
heaven and it can do the same with anyone who will read it with faith
and and then pray to ask god if it is true. I'm so grateful that i was
born in to the gospel and i've always had it to back me up. The gospel
means everything to me and I'm the luckiest person in the whole world to
be able to share what i have come to know, with anyone who will listen.
I invite you all to read the book of Mormon, read it from the beginning
to the end. Read it with a question in your mind and God will answer
your question.
| my comp and i |
| a cute family we just started teaching |
| Our new investigator's cute kids |
| We heat Attacked the door of one of our less actives |
this bowl was soooo huge! I love posole (have no clue how to spell it) but not enough to have some in a bowl this big!!
|
| cowgirl! |
| exchange in Huntsville! |
| haha if only!! |
| Such a pretty sky! |
| pretty moon! |
| These two girls are so amazing! I loved being on an exchange with them! |
No comments:
Post a Comment