Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 55

It's already another transfer! I'm staying with Hermana Mcnabb here in Bryan/College Station. It's really good because hopefully this transfer we will be able to work off of everything that we got done this transfer. I still think that this past transfer was to set up this transfer. We have a ward mission plan finally in progress and we are working with the ward to get home teaching and visiting teaching moving forward. This transfer is going to be great! With my record with only having 3 transfers in an area this is probably my last transfer here and then I'll have three more transfers in another area. I can't believe i only have 4 transfers left. it's really crazy. Just means that i have to use this time the best that i am able to! I'm so excited to see what's going to happen in these next few months. 

​ We got to go to temple tours last night! It was seriously so amazing! It was really hot but over all it was good. I got to ​see a ton of my favorite missionaries and i got to see a couple people from the Woodlands! I didn't see anyone that i knew from Oakcrest but just to see all the people i saw was so awesome! It was so nice to be able to be back at the temple i can't wait till i can go inside again. On the way back (we drove with members) the mom of the hermano we were driving with (she is this cute little lady) stood up in the van, walked to the back (while the car was in motion) just so she could grab watermelon slices out of the trunk. oh my gosh it was terrifying haha, then while we were eating we kept going over bumps and mcnabb and i couldn't stop laughing. We were so tired we couldn't stop laughing for 10 minutes.

While we were driving home i stared out the window and because it was so dark and there wasn't a ton of cars driving we could see the stars really well. Each star is essential because they create the master piece that is in the sky. Being able to see the starts is so beautiful. It's just like us, sometimes we may think that we are just one star and that we don't mean anything but really without me or without you there is an empty spot in the sky and the master piece isn't complete. Everyone is needed in this world. The night sky wouldn't be as bright if one of us were missing. And God has placed the stars in the exact place where they need to be, the same is with us. Each one of us is placed in a place around the world, in a family, with friends, in situations where we are needed to be. I like to refer back to a primary song (this is the first verse and the chorus)

Every star is different
and so is every child
some are bright and happy
and some are meek and mild
everyone is needed
for just what he can do
you're the only person 
who ever can be you
a shinning star
shining brightly
not so very far
shining brightly
Be a shining star
shine so brightly
shine right where you are
brightly

Each of us is a child of God and we each have our own characteristics, attributes, talents, trials everything, but we are special and unique in the eyes of god. D&C 18:10​.

I am so excited for this coming transfer and to see all the miracles and the blessings that will come. Hopefully we will be able to get back in with some former's and see more success with our investigators and our ward. I'm so grateful for the chance that i have to be a missionary. Every ounce of work that is put in each day is double in blessings. I have met so many people who are so special to me and I hope to always be in touch with them. And i love serving in this area because i get to see so many of God's wonderful creations. Every flower brightens a place. 

Definitely had a humbling experience this week. We went to go eat at a members house, i have only been there one other time and that was when i was with Hermana Mcomber. But anyways the house is so sad, everything is falling apart and the mom can barely walk. It was really sad. She still manages to find the strength to bring her three kids to church each Sunday.  Sometimes it's hard just being  a missionary. There isn't much we can do, we can't buy paint to re-paint their house, we can't buy flooring to re-floor their house. All we can do is keep their faith up and help them see God's love and help them know that God is there. And sometimes it's hard being in a ward like this where so many people are struggling financially because if we help a lot with one person, it's not fair to the others who are struggling just as much, but I hope we can start finding little ways to do service to help all these families. We may be in the united states but sometimes it's just like I'm living in a third world country. But I feel so blessed to be serving in this ward and with these people. They are all so humble and i have learned so much from each and every one of them. I know that this ward is going to be blessed for all that the members do. 

This weekend we have the Meet the Mormons activity. We got to go over to the Morgan's house and use their computer and while my companion was with sister Morgan getting a skirt fixed i asked brother Morgan to help me figure out something on Microsoft word and in the end i figured it out. But we were talking about digital media and stuff and that's a type of company he works for/owns. He gave me his business card so that he can be a reference for me one day or so i can haha work for him one day. Apparently A&M has a really cool digital media animation program and a lot of the students get into pixar and other stuff like that. AHH i'm so glad i still have a long time before i have to figure out school and stuff. But anyways haha my little geek moment of the day. 

hmm I've never thought about majoring or minoring in Spanish but that would be cool. Something that i thought of that would be cool was this week we got to help a member in her kindergarten class room setting it up. It's a bilingual school and so one day it's all in Spanish and the next it's in English. and i thought about how cool it would be to be able to teach in a school like that! 

I love being a missionary! And this week was so great! I know that this church is true and I'm so grateful for the chance that i have to serve and teach others about the love of God.
https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/mormon-messages-for-youth/strive?cid=HP_FR_7-31-2015_dPTH_fYTH_xLIDyI-1_

This is an amazing video. It speaks such strong truths and is so powerful. Please watch and share with your friends!

One of my favorite families
​Julia sent me a picture! I love it!​
Me and Evodio ( recent convert from woodlands)

My Zone

No comments:

Post a Comment