Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 65

Hey

This week was really good. We had a lot of success! I love being a
missionary so much! We had some really cool miracles that happened
this week! But first I want to share the biggest miracle the happened
this week. My mom is engaged to a man who will be the best husband to
her and the best father to my siblings. I know that God led my mom and
Jeff together so that they could find true love, happiness and peace.
I'm so grateful that my mom has found someone who will make her happy
and treat her right. So after I get home they will be getting married
and he lives in Iowa so the week after I get home I will be moving to
Iowa with them so I can spend time with my new family. For those of
you who live in Utah don't worry haha I'll come and spend time in Utah
because there are so many of you who I want to see! I'm so excited for
what the future brings. I was reading over a blessing I received
during a hard time at the beginning of my mission and it told me that
I will have happy things awaiting me at home. This must be one of the
happy things. I never knew what it meant but now I do.

On Monday we had a really good Fhe with a part member family. We
watched meet the Mormons and they loved it! The husband has heard the
lessons so many times and knows that he needs to get baptized but he
isn't willing to change and repent. It's so sad to see families in
that situation. They marry someone outside of the church and then the
person the marry end up holding back their family from the blessings
they could receive.

On Tuesday we went to visit a recent convert, we don't have the
records for the mom so we figured she wasn't a member and so we
weren't sure what to expect when we got there. Turns out the mom was
baptized when she was younger but her records have been lost and so
she has to be baptized again. The only problem is that she works on
Sunday's but she is actively looking for a new job and she wants to
get baptized again. We are excited to work with her. We then went to
visit a contact we contacted the other day and we found out that she
had been baptized when she was 14! But we will have to look for her
records. She hasn't gone to church for a long time. We had dinner at a
members house and it was fantastic, I took seconds and that was a
mistake...she gave me double...you'd think I'd learn haha. She makes a
bom chocoflan and I couldn't enjoy it because I was so full! Hna had a
meeting with the other stl and some other people so we went on an
exchange and I had Hna Rivas with me. We had a lesson with a part
member family and it was super awesome because the son was willing to
stay for the lesson and he didn't look at his phone the entire time!

Wednesday we went on another exchange and I stayed in the area again.
I had Hna provost with me. We've always wanted to be companions but
going on an exchange was good enough :)  we saw a lot of miracles!
Since she had served in louetta she knew were some of the people
lived. We had the wrong address for a part member family and she
remembered how to get there and we got their correct address. We had a
really good lesson. We then got in with a referral who we had been
trying to contact, we finally got in with her and we taught the
restoration. It was super good. The spirit was so strong and she said
that it made sense and she said it reminds her of what she learned
when she was little. I'm excited to get to know her more.

On Thursday we met up with the Hnas to exchange back and we went to
bahama bucks. It's like a snow cone place but not really at the same
time. I don't know how to describe it. But it was good. We then had
lunch with with a less active family and they ended up coming to
church on Sunday! We got in with Brenda and we filled out the colander
that we have for those who have a baptismal date. She seems really
excited to be baptized but we don't think that she really understands
what it means. We need to teach what it means and what it is exactly.
I hope that she will be willing to do the work that comes with
baptism. Ok now here is the really cool miracle that we had. We were
driving into an apartment complex and this car was leaving he waved us
down and yelled "are you the missionaries?" He told us that he was
Mormon and had a friend he wanted to teach. We got his number but they
we had to drive because there were cars behind us waiting to get in.
But we texted him so he had our number and he asked if we had
something set right then and we didn't and he told us he was on his
way back right then. We went over to his house once he was there and
met his friend. He just barely got here from Salvador. The member was
baptized four years ago and his testimony is so strong. The lesson was
super awesome. He ended up coming to church on Sunday! He loved it!
God provides miracles when you work hard and have faith in him. As
long as you are doing your part he will provide tender mercies.

We had English class on Friday and we played...well tried to play the
telephone game. It was hilarious! Hna would whisper into their ear the
sentence and haha Hispanics can not whisper! They would basically yell
it into the next persons ear. It was so funny but they enjoyed it. I
love seeing people who want to learn English. I'm glad that we have
the chance to offer this service to these people. We had district
meeting and I was asked to be the Spanish leader. Uh...haha we have
district language study before district meeting and I have to lead out
the lesson. This week was crazy so I didn't have a lot of time to
prepare something but next week will be better.

Saturday we did our weekly planning because we didn't have time on
Monday. We had some really good lessons. I'm just so humbled everyday.
I love being a missionary so much! My testimony has really grown. I
love that I have this time to study and dedicate this time to share
what I've come to know. There are so many people who are just waiting
to know the happiness they can have. I love seeing the change in
people's eyes when we are teaching  them. Being a missionary has been
the best decision of my life. If I could I would ask for an extension
but I'd rather be at home for the wedding. This will be a decision I
will never regret. I have met so many people and I'm so grateful for
all that I've been learning.

Sunday was super awesome. Julio came to church like I said. Hna went
to a baptism from her last ward, we had some appointments set and so I
thought it would be better to just go on a split. We butted heads a
little with that. But we found a member I could stay with and we ended
up having two really good lessons. It's been a little rough the past
couple days we've been butting heads a lot. Mainly because I wanted to
stay for the lessons that we had just set the day before they changed
the time of the baptism and since I wouldn't know anyone I thought it
would be more productive if I stayed to get work done. I'm just
praying for patience and humility so that we can get a long.

Today we got to go to the school where we teach English class and we
got to read with first graders to try to beat a genius world record of
students being read to the same book and the same time. The kids were
crazy but it was super fun. We are going to the mall and then do some
other things as well.

We have some awesome plans for this week! I'm so excited to work!

I'm praying for all of you! I love you all!

Hermana medeiros





No comments:

Post a Comment