Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 66

We had the coolest miracle on Monday! We were looking for a referral
and so we stopped at the house the gps led us to and when we walked up
the gate was locked but we both had a feeling that we had to talk to
who lived there. We tried knocking on the gate but that wasn't loud
enough. So Hna went and knocked on the window and the lady came out.
We started talking to her and after a couple minutes she let us in and
we had a great lesson with her. She told us that she felt that she had
been blind and that our message could help her to see again...sadly
this miracle doesn't have a happy ending yet. She called us a few days
later and told us she wanted to return the Book of Mormon to us so
that we could give it to someone who is actually interested. We
haven't had the chance to get back in with her but we will be seeing
her on Tuesday to try to see if we can help her feel the spirit and
figure out her concerns.

Tuesday I got to go to lunch with my favorite person from oakcrest!
Lourdes! We met at chickfila and ate lunch together. It was so nice to
be able to catch up with her. I've missed her a lot. We had an awesome
lesson that night where we taught the plan of salvation to our newest
investigator. The one from the member that randomly stopped us. And he
now has a bap date! For the 14 of November. He has come to church
twice and is progressing really well. It's awesome because he lives
with a member.

Friday was really long. It turned out that Hermana provosts companion
went home. It's really sad. She had started her mission in chile but
came home after a couple months due to anxiety and depression. After
being home she decided to come back out and she was being retrained by
provost. Things I guess got a lot harder for her and she ended up
going home after being here for 5 weeks. It's really sad and we will
miss her a lot.

Friday was our quince, can't believe that I've been here for fifteen
months. It's super crazy how fast it's gone by. We went to a store
called king dollar to look for some Mexican candy and I ended up
finding Cadbury eggs! Needless to say for 1.25 each I bought two
things. Of course they were old and not as fresh but I was so happy.
After English class we had a training and we learned about a new
program we are going to start using for English class. There were some
missionaries from the south mission there. The training was super
awesome and i really learned a lot.
That night we had a super awesome lesson with a less active family. We
talked about having more unidad en las familias and we had figured out
what we were going to do but while we were singing we both had a
thoug, but we didn't know the other person had had the same thought.
And Hna started and she worded the same question that I had just
thought about in same exact words. I was blown away. I told her about
it afterwards and she was so surprised as well because it wasn't what
we had had planned to do. The spirit is awesome!
We then had an awesome lesson with a new family we are teaching. We
thought the restoration and it went really well. We got home a little
later but it's ok.

Saturday it poured all day...it was awesome! I  was soaked and I was
barefoot and stepped into an ant hill without knowing and I have about
thirty bites on my left foot. Shout out to the Morgan's in Brazos for
giving me itching cream before I left Bryan! Inspiration at its
finest. But seriously working in the rain is always going to be the
best qmemory for me. We had such a good day. We had district meeting
since we couldn't have it Friday and then we started working. Everyone
we talked to couldn't believe that we were outside in the rain and
during our gospel Principles class an Hermana was in there and told
everyone how we came to her house soaking wet and cold but we had a
smile on our face and as soon as her son was ready to come with us we
turned back out into the rain to visit someone. We ended up having a
really good lesson with our progressing investigator and then we went
back to the same members house and she gave us towels and hot
chocolate. I know God protected us while we were driving because one
area of a street was completely flooded and we had to drive through
it. There were a lot of puddles and the tires kept sliding but we made
it home safely.

Sunday was amazing, we had our family of three come to church, and our
progressing investigator come and a new investigator come as well. All
of church was just so good. It was still raining for most of the day
on Sunday. We had he fireside and it was so amazing. I got to see my
recent convert from woodlands and talked wi him for a while. It's
almost been a year since he got baptized. It was so wonderful to see
I'm. The spirit was so strong during the testimonies and the musical
numbers. Hna sumsion, Reese, Bohn, and I sang his hands (sus manos)
while Hermana provost played the piano. I wish I would have gotten am
actually recording of it. But I just have one from a practice. I also
played the piano for elder Mitchell as he sang el es el cristo (this
is the Christ) then the last song was my absolute favorite. When all
of us missionaries stand up and sing the efy medley in Spanish, it was
really so amazing. The spirit was so strong and the music was so
powerful.

I'm glad you guys had such a great trip. I'm really not sure what I
want to do for school. Right now I'm still thinking Utah, I know that
will suck but I haven't really put much thought into it. I will start
praying about it though. I just don't know anything about the schools
in Iowa. I don't even know where I want to go if I go to Utah. Maybe
back to snow for a year but idk. And I don't know what I'd do for the
party....you know ,e I'm really simple....Just friends and family and
I'm good haha...I really don't know, you don't have to do anything
special. So sadly the bap date with had before is probably not going
to happen. She basically dropped us, we have been trying to get back
into contact with her but haven't had much luck.

It's super awesome this week we are getting elders into our area. We
are still working it how it's going to work because they are going to
be on bikes which sucks but...we will make it work.

The members are really good about feeding us. This is the first area
where I feel that the members will be ok if we don't take seconds. I
rarely take seconds and so eating has been a lot better here. But I've
gone back to never having an appetite so that's rough but oh well. I
am eating don't worry.

As for me and my companion I mean things have been good it's just hard
cause she's like Coronado and mcomber where she likes to take over the
lessons and takes credit for everything. And so that's the man thing
that's been hard and we try to talk about it to fix it but it only
works for one lesson and then it's back to however it used to be. I
would love to be companions with her for a second transfer but then at
the same time part of me is hoping for a new companion this coming
transfer because I don't want to get a new companion my last transfer
because the first transfer with someone is usually the hardest and I
want to already know my companion well enough so thaI we can just work
our tags off my last transfer and make it the best. But we will see
what God has in store.

I can't believe it's Halloween this week! Take lots of pictures for
me! We have zone meeting on Friday and so we are all going to wear
costumes and have a party :) I can't tell you what our costume is you
will have to wait till Monday!

I don't want to leave my mission, I decided I'm never leaving! Gah!!
I'm coming back for the wedding and then I'll come back to my mission
:D

Love y'all!

Practicing their Quartet for the fireside

Ant bites

Shalyn and Lourdes---

Shalyn and Hermana Provost

Puppy!!!!


After being out in the rain!

Shalyn asked this be put on her blog

No comments:

Post a Comment