This week has definitely been a week. It's been crazy.
Monday we went downtown with the Fairbanks hermanas and it was so fun.
We got to go into this room that was so humid! And it had a ton of
butterflies flying around. It was the best. We had a lesson with a
part member family but the husband never showed up but we still had a
good lesson. I got to say goodbye to that family. And even though we
told her we couldn't hold babies she put her two week old baby girl in
my arms. I loved it.
Tuesday I got with Hna gayler!! And we went to our area. We met with
the other sisters and the elders to talk about the areas. We are the
Brittmoore hermanas. We are over a Spanish ward AND an English ward as
well. It's crazy. I e never been over two wards before. We got to
teach English class that night and then we got to have a sleep over
with the canyon lakes hermanas because we took over their apartment
and they were moving into the elders apartments because the elders
were going to jersey village. But long story short the elders weren't
moved out and so all four of us stayed in an apartment. Gayler and I
fell asleep on the floor.
Wednesday we got to help the hermanas with and English class. We then
went to the church to plan the activity that we had that night. We
watched meet the Mormons. We set up the chairs and the projector and
then we came home and started organizing. We had to be there early to
make sure no one messed with our stuff so that was all we did. While
we were there I was looking into the hallway and say a member that
goes...is supposed to go to jersey village and as soon as she saw me
she started laughing and trying to hide haha but I caught her.
Thursday we finally had a couple lessons. We went to a members house
to eat and she made really good food. And then we tried a referral and
ended up talking to her husband and sharing a little message with him.
And then we went to a member in the English ward and really I don't
know what is up with them. The lesson started out really good and by
the end the grandma had sent her three grandkids to their room and
told us we would have to come back another day.....awkward.
Friday we had district meeting and it was super good. We got in with
another less active family but this lesson was a lot better. We tried
a ton of referrals but either they didn't want us to come back, or
they didn't live there.
Saturday we tried people all day. We had one guy tell us that we had
to watch tv to know what was going on in the world and he also told us
that once we are married we will see that there is no time for God. It
was really weird. We contacted all day.
Sunday we had two correlations and we had stake conference. We went to
the one in English because they were at the same time in different
buildings. On a normal Sunday we will go to church for six hours.
Starting from 9 till like almost 4. But anyways we had elder oaks do
a broadcast from salt lake, with two members of he quorum of he
seventh and the relief society president. It was super good. We tried
a lot of people again. We got to know the elders quorum president in
the English ward and he was an,e to give us some information about
some members. They gave us cookies and it was the best thing ever!
Hispanics don't give us regular cookies! I've missed cookies!
This week has definitely been a little rough just because we haven't
had anything set to visit people. I feel jersey village was a lot
easier even though we started with less that what we had. But it will
be good. I'm super excited to work on this area with these two wards.
It's going to be really good!
Just pray that we can find people to teach that would be really
awesome. That we can have success and see miracles.
We are so spoiled as missionaries. We have a 2015 Ford Fusion car and
it is soooo nice!
15503 fm 529 Houston Texas 77095 is my address :) I hear you will be
blessed for writing a missionary!
Goodness gracious was a new word I've started using haha that's why I
titled it that way.
Hope I didn't forget anything. I love y'all!!
Hermana medeiros
![]() |
| Hermanas Medeiros and Sumsion |
| Hermanas Medeirs and Childs |
| Houston Skyline |
| Hermanas Haslam, Sumsion, Childs & Medeiros |
| Hermanas Haslam, Medeiros, Sumsion & Childs |
| Her new companion, Hermana Gayler |
| Add caption |
![]() |
| Hermanas Medeiros, Haslam, Sumsion & Childs |




No comments:
Post a Comment