We received transfer calls last night...but to build up suspense I'm going to share what happened like 5 minutes before transfer calls. So our investigator Julio who has a bap date for the 14 of November is so awesome, but sometimes he sends us texts just telling us how beautiful we are. In person he has never said anything or done anything so we've just left it alone. Well last night we had a lesson with him and then once we got home he sent us a text. First I'll share it in Spanish and then in English....
"Hola hermanitas que bellísima se miraba la hermana Medeiros. cada vez que la veo me enamoro más de ella. Pero discúlpeme porque me corazón es muy tonto. Les deseo que pasen feliz noche y que dios las bendiga por siempre." In English "hi hermanas, how beautiful Hermana medeiros looked. Each time I see her I fall in love with her. But forgive me because my heart is very stupid. I desire that you have a happy night and that God blesses you forever."
So after Hna was done laughing and I had buried my face into the floor we received the call. I knew from the moment we dead Julios text that I was out. Our district leader first went through everyone else and then got to us, he told Hna sumsion that she was staying and that I was leaving. I'm super sad to be leaving jersey village and all the wonderful people but I know that God has a plan for each and everyone of us. I basically packed everything last night. I have never packed so fast in my life. I did 95% in about 1.5 hours. I only have a little left to do.
Anyways this week was super amazing!
Monday: we had a super awesome Fhe lesson with a member and they invited Julio and Douglas. The ward has really stepped up to invite Julio into their home and make him feel welcomed. I've never seen a ward so united in missionary work. I hope I can help the missionaries in the future when they bring investigators to church.
Tuesday: Hna had a meeting and so Hna Rivas and I went on an exchange. It was sooooo good! We taught English class and man I know I've said this a billion times but I LOVE teaching English class! And for them first time in six weeks I was actually able to help teach it! We saw Lazara to see what happened and she said she just isn't feeling it. After talking we got her to keep the Book of Mormon and left a chapter for her to read. She is so sweet and I know that one day she will accept it. We finally got in with Brenda but sadly now is not her time and so we had to drop her. One day she too will hear this message and accept it. We had another super awesome Fhe with a member and our investigator Rey. I love having lessons at members houses!
Wednesday: we had a really spiritual lesson with our investigator Tere. The other week her brother died in a car accident and so she is really devastated. We taught the plan of salvation and she is willing to do everything she can to save her brother to give him the same opportunity that she has had. The lesson was really powerful.
Thursday: we had weekly planning and actually finished it all that day. We had some really good spiritual lessons.
Friday: so here's where the fun begins. Remember when I told you Hna and I bought Halloween costumes? Well we had a Halloween party in our English class and a lot of people dressed up and brought food. It was so fun, everyone wanted a picture with us. Then we wore our costumes to zone meeting. I love zone meeting, the focus of zone meeting this month was to be united in the vision and know our true identity. We learned the back story of brightly beams our fathers mercy and for any of you who don't know it, you need to read about it. As missionaries and as members we are the light upon the shore and we need to hold our light out so those who are in the dark trying to find their way can find their way safely into the harbor. It was a really good zone meeting. That night we had a Fhe as a barrio and it was awesome. Julio and Douglas came and man our ward is just so amazing with fellow shipping.
Saturday: we found 2 new really amazing investigators. We taught the restoration and I just love seeing it touch their hearts. We had to be in by six and so we nightly planned, and then we carved pumpkins! I wanted to do more on mine but I was tired and it took for ever so I just did one.
Sunday: one of the new investigators we found yesterday came to church! The other one didn't because she is super pregnant and could deliver any day. But it was super good. We taught a couple new families and the lessons were really good. A member gave us some left over Halloween candy :)
Questions of the week:
Funniest moment. I can't pick just one...being at A pupusa restaurant and having the salsa explode all over me. And then there was Sunday night when we did karaoke in the car on the way to lessons,
Did you have any investigators at church? Yeah suamy our new investigator came and then Julio didn't come to our ward but he went to the English ward with Douglas.
Best thing you ate?a member made us chicken pot pie and it was sooooooo good! Then of course there was the pupusas we ate at the restaurant and then a member bought some for us. Mmmmmm I love pupusas!
Biggest insight during your personal study? Well I finished the Book of Mormon in Spanish this week. There is so much you can learn from the Book of Mormon, but I love el ejemplo de moróni he endured to the very end. He didn't know what was going to become of him or what was going to happen, but he continued writing on the plates and continued to testify of the things of Christ even after his people were destroyed.
Did you witness any miracles? Yeah!!! Like every day! We had so many wonderful lessons. We met some really amazing people this week. I'm super sad to be leaving but hopefully I'll be finding out where I am going soon. I'm excited for another adventure. But seriously I see miracles every day. With the members and with the people we teach. It's all just so amazing!
What did you do on Halloween? Did you have an earlier curfew? We had some lessons earlier in the day and then we came home and carved pumpkins and watched Mormon messages on our iPads, then we did a photoshoot with our costumes. If you can't tell what my pumpkin is its a picture of Christ holding the child on his lap.
Anyways this email is super long so I think I'll send it now. Here are some pictures, this is not all but these are the best!
Love y'all!
Hermana Medeiros
![]() |
| Salsa Exploded on me |
![]() |
| Our Costumes |
![]() |
| Our Zone's Halloween party |
![]() |
| English class Halloween party |
![]() |
| My jackolantern |
![]() |
| Lip Syncing in the car |






No comments:
Post a Comment