The
mission work has been kind of hectic we are still trying to visit all
the new people that we have in our area. We have a ton of menos activos
and so we spent basically two days going through and just visiting
everyone. On Tuesday
we didn't do anything because we had a zone conference with Elder Corbridge of the seventy. He and his wife sat at our table to eat lunch! It was really exciting to eat and talk with a general
authority. And then after the conference was over we had to figure out
our area map so we can really split the area better and figure out our boundaries. That took the rest of the night.
On Wednesday Hermana Carbajal had to go to the doctor. Afterwards we just visited the menos activos and met a ton of people. On Thursday
we stayed in all day because Hermana Carbajal got really sick and was
really tired and she really wasn't doing well and so we stayed in so
that she could rest and get better. She is doing a lot better now. On Friday
we just visited more menos activos and got in with a lot of different
people and were able to get to know a lot of them and try to figure out
why they are inactive and a lot of them are because they didn't' like it
when they switched the ward boundaries and now they have to come to our
ward. But hopefully we will be able to get them to come back to church.
We've met with H*** and E*** the past two nights and we are seeing them again tonight! On Saturday
we talked about how they need to get married and E*** isn't sure if
she wants that because no one in her family is married they are only
together. Last night we watched the testaments with them and we were
able to talk more about taking a step of faith. But I just don't think
they understand that baptism and marriage is that step of faith. They need to set a date and have that as a real goal and then I think
they will start feeling it more because we've tried expressing that god
wants them to work and that He won't just give them an answer right
away. I shared how coming on a mission was a leap of faith for me
because I didn't want to come and I never received a direct answer on if
I should come on a mission or not. But I've been told in a blessing I
got a couple weeks ago and the one I got from Hickman that this is where
I need to be. We are seeing them again tonight and we are going to set a
date and get them closer to the goal. Because they know that it's true.
They are so amazing and golden and perfect but they just need to take
that step of faith and decide to get married and decide to get baptized.
We lost
J*** and G*** because J*** is being stubborn. He refuses to
come to our Spanish ward. So they are going to have the English
sisters teach them. They called us and told us that G*** couldn't read
the book of Mormon in English but that J*** was way into the lesson. We
are hoping maybe they will be able to reactivate him and if they need
us they will call us because G*** doesn't understand English very well
and it would be so much better for her to learn in Spanish but God has a
plan and what ever needs to happen will happen!
We
haven't been able to meet with D***. They forgot about our appointment
with them and we haven't been able to set up another one. But, hopefully
we will will see them this week. They are having us over for dinner on Sunday so hopefully we will start teaching her then.
On Saturday
we were trying to visit a lot of people and we met one of our
investigator's brother in law and we committed him to start taking the
lessons and to be baptized once he knows it's true and we almost were
able to set a date with him. We are going to go see him later this week.
We are supposed to have a baptism at the end of this week but we
haven't been able to meet with him. He was one that the elders were
teaching and now we have him. but he still needs all the lessons and he
is never home! so we don't know if it will happen or not but we have
faith!
Things
have been really good here, just trying to learn more Spanish each day
and to keep learning. We have a huge new area that we are still
trying to visit everyone and start finding those people that we need to
find! My favorite part about being a missionary is when I can share my
testimony because I feel that it is really the only time I can
talk. When ever I share it in a lesson I don't know what I'm saying half
the time. Words just come out and Hermana Carbajal always tells me how
wonderful I'm doing and that she can always feel the spirit when I share
my testimony in a lesson. I know that understanding will come with time!
Sometimes it's hard for me to know when I am feeling the spirit but last Monday we taught our investigators who are so close and I bore my testimony at the end and I just felt like my body was on fire. My mind was blank and I wasn't even thinking but words were coming out and they were in Spanish. I've had a few of those experiences and I'm so grateful for them :) Never give up! I love being here and being a missionary is the best thing that I
ever could have done!
Hope all is well with all of y'all!! :D
Love you all!
| Three Elder Christensens haha! |
| You're never too old to wear a Burger King Crown |
| Working on piecing together our maps. |
| I hit my leg on the bench at the church last Tuesday...lovely bruise... |
| We went to old spring town and did some contacting! It's like the north pole! |
| They sell all things Texas in this store! |
| Fried oreos...YUM! |
| Funnel cake...YUM! |
| Me trying the fried oreos :) |
| So we had some extra time on Saturday morning...so Hermana decided to give me bangs...haha |
No comments:
Post a Comment