Hi mommy!!! I only have about an hour right now because hermana has to
get a root canal...and her appointment is at 130 so we are emailing till
about 12 and then after the root canal sometime later today we will come
back on (She gets 90 minutes of email time a week). I will probably just wait to send my pictures when we come
back. On Wednesday
morning she woke up in the middle of night with really bad pain in
her mouth and so we went to the dentist and they referred her to
someone who could do the root canal and today was just going to be the consultation but they had an opening so they squeezed her in and they
are going to do it for free!
It has been freezing here. The weather has definitely dropped and today when
we got in the car it was 38 degrees. It's up to about 46 right now, but
it's a bone chilling cold! It makes me just want to go to Starbucks
every day so that I can get hot chocolate. haha I'll just have to make
some of the packet hot chocolate that we have in our pantry.
This week
has been really busy we've had so many appointments with members, menos
activos and our investigators. On Wednesday
we got two bap dates! One of them is with an investigator who has had
many different missionaries in the past couple months because of the
boundary change but he has been investigating for a little while now and
we were able to extend a bap date invitation and he accepted it. His
baptism is on December 6th!
And then the next bap date we got is for an 8 year old girl whose
family is really inactive. She has never been to church before. She
doesn't really count as our baptism because she is still nine but her
bap is on the 29th of this month! On Thursday
we visited another investigator who had her bap date set for the middle
of January and we asked her why she was waiting so long and she didn't
know and so we extended the invitation to be baptized on the 13th of December
and she looked at us and told us that her birthday is on the 14th so
she would be getting the gift of the holy ghost on her birthday and she
accepted it! It was pretty amazing and we were so happy that we were
able to help get these people to progress more and more.
We visited H***
y E*** last night and we are really trying to get them to see that
they need to make a decision and do something and then they will receive
their answer. They told us they will have an answer for us soon on if
they are going to get married or not. Hermana and I talked about it on
the way home and we both feel that they just need to get married and then
they will receive their answer and also we feel that H*** will get
baptized first because he is so ready. Every time he talks you can see
it in his eyes and he knows that he needs to get baptized. He even told
us. We asked him what the first step he could take and he said
that he needs to get baptized. We feel that he will get baptized first
and then E***. And then I realized he could get baptized first and
then slowly E*** will progress and become ready and then he can
baptize her!! We feel really strongly that H*** is so ready they just
need to make that commitment and just buy the license to be married.
They are so cute and last night at their house i tried herbal tea for
the first time....don't think i'll drink it again but it was OK. They
always give us cookies and they are so wonderful!
We had the biggest
dinner yesterday. It was this soup that had at least a couple pounds of
meat...an entire potato and a think corn and rice and other stuff and
it was in a HUGE bowl! It was a blessing I was able to finish it.
We
got to be helpers to Santa this week! There is a hermano in our ward
who is Santa! He has a website that you can go on and you buy a letter
to send to your kid from Santa. You personalize it any way you want and
then he sends it. Hermana is the voice for the commercial that will be
on Facebook and on YouTube and on the website. We helped stuff envelops
and it is so cute! This hermano is so cool! He is an amazing
photographer and does so many cool things. I kind of realized how much I
love doing computer things, like making websites and making videos and
playing around with different things on the computer. I think I might
major in graphic design or something like that. I think that would be so
much fun! We will see how I feel about it in a year and two months.
haha. He also does things for the tooth fairy and he might start doing
something with the Easter bunny too. He was talking about what he wanted
to do with his website and i got really excited trying to figure out
how you could do different things and man i just love it!!
I'm glad that
you felt so good in the temple! I wish we could go more often!! I want
to go!!
That
is really awesome mommy! I'm glad that you were able to receive more
strength in the blessing. A couple weeks ago when we both got blessings
from the Sapps (a couple missionary who just left this month) I was told
that God knows that the adversary has worn me down...(which is kind of
scary to hear) but then it said how God is pleased with how I am enduring
the trials in my life. Blessings are so interesting I think!
I never really blamed God for the bad things in my life that
happened but I stopped trusting in him and having faith. I always wanted
to say that I had faith in Him but in reality it was so hard. But that's
something I've been working on more and more since I've been on my
mission and it's definitely been helpful to always trust in Him and to
stay faithful even when it seems like the last thing that you want to
do. God notices all. He notices how hard we try when we don't want to. He notices when we grow when we fall. He really does see and know everything.
Tomorrow
we are singing in an choir at a Lutheran church interfaith. People from
many different religions are singing too and it's going to be so
awesome!!
We had a missionary farewell party on Friday
and that was pretty fun. Lots of yummy food and we were able to talk to
a lot of people. One of the hermano's in our ward shared a joke and it
was hilarious.
One
day there was a catholic preacher walking down the street after the
services were over down the way he see's a little boy with a box it
seemed as though he was selling something. As he got closer he heard the
boy yelling puppies catholic puppies for sale!! He talked to the boy
for a little while and then he kept walking. a few days later after the
services he was waiting for everyone to leave sot hat he could go see if
the boy was still on the corner of the street selling the puppies. As
he walked in the direction he heard the boy yelling puppies for sale!
Mormon puppies for sale. The catholic preacher hearing the boy selling
Mormon puppies was really angry so he ran up to the boy and asked him
what happened. Last week he had been selling Catholic puppies and now he
was selling Mormon puppies. when he asked the boy what had happened he
said "they finally opened their eyes"
I
thought the joke was really funny. He would tell part of it in Spanish
and then go back and say it in English because not everyone there spoke
Spanish.
Anyways I'm ready for another week of greatness!! I love being a missionary
more than anything! I hope you all have a great week!!!
A Birthday party during district meeting for the two Christensens!
|
| Apparently it is a tradition in their area to smash cake into the birthday person's face. He didn't think Hermana Koch would really do it. |
| The girl in the middle is leaving on her mission soon |
| This sweet girl is leaving on her mission to California in a few weeks! She had a farewell party on Friday! |
| We got to work with Santa this week |
No comments:
Post a Comment