Ha-ha yeah sister Ardmore called me and she was asking about the song we sang, the first thing she said when I answered the phone was that she was talking to you! So I told her to tell you that I got the memory card and that I love you so much! I haven't been able to watch it yet because for some reason it didn't show up on the memory card but i just plugged it into the computer and all the videos are on there so I will watch them in a little bit! I love the picture that little bumbles (her special name for Cole) drew for me it is so sweet! And I loved the picture and creeper thingy from Avery :) I have the best siblings in the world!
Oh wow...Tate doesn't like candy? haha oh that little boy he is so sweet for sharing! Our Halloween was basically another P-day. We had zone meeting in the morning until about 130 and then we went out to eat with our elders at chick-fil-a and then we took them back to their apartment and we went to walmart to buy some things that we needed so that we could make pumpkin bread and gluten free pumpkin bread. And, we wanted to find a pumpkin but at the pumpkin patch they were way way expensive to get a decent size one to carve was almost $30. So we decided to dye my hair and we got free ice cream because every month we have a house check and if we pass we get a coupon for free blue bell and we hadn't used last months coupon so we had two so we each chose an ice cream that we wanted. Then, we had to come home because it was almost 6 and we didn't' really have time to do much else and so we did our weekly planning, and then we both baked, we dyed my hair, decorated a part of our apartment and then watched the Emma Smith movie once my hair was done. We went to bed a little late but Halloween was really fun! We were bummed we couldn't' see any of the other missionaries because we had to stay in our apartments.
Oh the temple was really really good! Jocylin and her mom both received their endowments. The video was in Spanish but I was able to get a head set but I couldn't figure out how to adjust it and so through my left ear I got English and through my right ear I heard the Spanish. But the temple was so good. In the Celestial room she hugged her mom and it was a really good sight to see. That family has been through a lot and so for the daughter and the mom go through the same day was really special. We were sad though because the elders weren't given permission to go. Mainly because it was both girls getting their endowments and so president didn't see a reason to allow the elders to go. But it was really good! and yeah the temple is so pretty! I can't wait till we can go again!
How did things go w/ H and E? Did you talk to them? We haven't been able to see them! We were going to see them on Thursday but they had to cancel and then on Saturday they had to work late and on Sunday they had to work and so they weren't able to come to church but they sent us a text today saying that we can come over at seven! We changed what we are teaching them. We are going to teach them about baptism and share a scripture in Mosiah 18 8-10 i think because in verse ten it asks what you have against being baptized and we want to see if they have any doubts and then that scripture is a good lead into talking about them about getting married! We see them at seven tonight!
Are your zone meetings in Spanish or English? It's kind of a mixture. We do somethings in Spanish but a lot of things are mainly in English
How is your Spanish? Is it getting any easier to speak/understand? It's kind of easier to speak but understanding is the worst. I have been told that it is normally the hardest thing for people- to understand. Hermana Hill only has a few months left and she says she still struggles with understanding. But it will slowly get easier I hope!
How is Fast and Testimony meeting in your ward? Do a lot of kids get up? Zaners bore is testimony today! We really don't have a lot of kids in our ward and it's mainly the older kids and the parents that get up. It's pretty good. I don't' remember if I told you or not but last testimony meeting I bore my testimony, I was going to yesterday but then I decided not to because there was already too many people up there and like five minutes left.
So on Monday we helped the elders and the other hermanas move apartments. It basically took all day.
on Tuesday...oh
man today was so stressful! We went to a new part of our area and we
were trying to find one of our investigators house and our GPS died and
we got stuck in traffic and we were late to his appointment and we had
to cancel for the second time with another investigator because we had
no idea where he lived and our gps was dead and the directions he was
giving us didn't make since so we went home a little early and we
watched one of the church movies. We only went home like a half hour
early but still it was just really stressful once our gps died!.
On Wednesday
we had our 8 week training with president and that went pretty good! We
were able to visit pretty much everyone that we wanted to visit. We
only had to cancel with one person because the meeting went over and she
couldn't meet with us any other time. That was the day I ate the
pig skin stuff. Yuck it was all rubbery.
On Thursday
we emailed and then we went to the store to print out some pictures for
the elders and we ran into J***!! We met his wife and he said that
the other sisters haven't been coming by to see him and so we have to
figure that out! We were looking at the Halloween stuff and we found
this mask...it is the funniest thing ever. I have the picture that I
will send soon! We tried to go see W*** with the elders and wasn't home. He left an hour before we got there. We really don't' know what to
do with him anymore and it's really sad that he got offended. But there's not much we can do when an almost 40 year old man still listens
to his mom about what he should and shouldn't do (tithing) and doesn't
want to talk to us anymore.
On Friday I dyed my hair :) I have lots of funny pictures from that because
it looked like I had blood all around my head and it was perfect for Halloween! And at the zone meeting we made a goal to invite someone to
be baptized every day! It will be tricky but we've done it two days now! So far it has been pretty good!
On Saturday
it was 48 degrees at 730 and so we went to star bucks and got hot
chocolate and there was this guy in front of us who we started talking
to and he was so sweet! he bought our drinks for us! we went on an
exchange with the other Hermanas. Carbajal went with Koch to their area
and I stayed here with Hermana Hill. We tried to go visit J*** and G*** but they weren't home and then we went to see M*** who has a baptismal date for the first of January (going to try to help her make
it a sooner date) and then we went to the temple which was amazing! And
then we tried to go see H*** and E*** but they had to work late so we went to sonic and ate dinner and then came back home.
On Sunday...no
one told us it was Day light savings!! Hermana C took her ipod with her
(what we normally use as an alarm clock and so we just used my clock
and we got up at the right time and got ready and went to church and
when we got there no one was there. We called the other hermanas and we
asked if we missed a memo and they asked us why we were at church. The time change was nothing that we had thought about! It was crazy
because all morning I had the feeling look at the phone, look at the
phone and I did but I never noticed the time and I was confused because I thought maybe someone was trying to get a hold of us. So we showed up
to church over an hour early but we ended up having to pick up the
elders and so it was alright. So yesterday we were up at 530 :P Ev***
came to church! We passed him off to the elders but still! He came! No
one else did. We are thinking about dropping J*** and G*** because
they never answer our calls and they keep cancelling appointments and
there is really not much we can do when they do that. It's really sad
and I don't want to drop them but we don't' know what else we can do. We
went over to the P***'s last night for dinner and we hung out with them
for a while and we got permission to start teaching their cousin!
Hopefully we will get her mom and her grandma to listen to the lessons
too! We then tried to see W*** and when we drove up we saw some one
looking through the window but when we knocked no one answered which
made us upset because we knew they were home but he wouldn't answer the
door :( the life of a missionary...
Anyways This week has been pretty great! I Love being a missionary and wouldn't change it for the world!
Love you all!!
| My hair for our 8 week training |
| Hermana Haslam and I |
| Hermana Woodard and I |
| Her Zone |
| Elders in her Zone |
| Hermanas in her Zone |
| Pumpkin Patch |
| More pumpkin patch |
| Houston Temple at night |
| Houston Temple at Night |
| After the temple |
| Dying her hair |
| After! Looks great! |
| Another beautiful after picture |
No comments:
Post a Comment