Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy December! Week 19

Happy December!!! "December first to Christmas is the longest time of year" especially because I get to talk to you guys in a few weeks!!!! I can't wait!!!

How was your Thanksgiving?  It was really good, we actually had 6 appointments! But one of them called us in the morning and the food wasn't going to be ready so we didn't go over to their house. We started the day going to a members house and they had their whole family there and it was so much fun! We went around the table and said the things we were grateful for. Then we went to a member's house and she let us take the food to go because she knew we had a lot of appointments to go to, and then we went to our investigators house but the people who were bringing the food were not there yet so we didn't eat there, and then we went to another member who is less active and we had to wait a while for the food to be ready and we ate there and it was really good, and then we went to one last member's house but they were already eating dessert so we kind of ate by our self and it was pretty fast. 

Do Hispanics serve the same types of food we usually eat for Thanksgiving?  yeah...mainly. The turkey was different at every meal and at one house we just had ham. Not a lot of people like turkey. We had a deep fried turkey but it wasn't deep fried with oil, it was with something else but it was still really good, and we had a jalapeno turkey with jalapeno poppers which is cream cheese, salt stuffed into a jalapeno wrapped in bacon. 

I didn't eat any pie this year!!! You know how sad that is!!!! I ate 2 small little squares of cheese cake! No pie!!! Because the only pie that was really there was apple and pecan and we mainly just got the pie to go and so we have it all sitting in our fridge. I am making my chocolate pie tonight. I decided to wait because we got really busy and I didn't really have time to make it. But all in all it was all pretty good. I was full by the end of the night but out of the six appointments we only ate at 3 which was a huge blessing! Now we just have to finish all of our left overs in our fridge!
At all the dinner appointments we've had since Thursday have been eating everyone's Thanksgiving left overs. I finally had some pumpkin pie last night at a members house. It was so good!

Oh man black Friday shopping. We went to target on Friday because Hermana wanted to find a dress for the Christmas conference with the whole mission that is coming up and she finally found a dress that was on sale. That was the length of my black Friday...I wish we could have gone to walmart Thursday night because the memory cards that were 16gb were only $5! I know that because we got all the ads on Monday. oh man, oh well though :) Were the stores busy at all at the time you went?

Aww thanks for buying me an ornament this year!! I can't wait to see it next January! Hey...you really should leave the Christmas tree up next year until I come home...haha only a few extra weeks ;)

How have things gone in the mission world this week? Things have been pretty good, still just trying to go out and visit everyone and we finally organized the area book and figured out all the menos activos that we still need to find, which means me might have more than 32 of them. We just have to go see if these people still live in the address that we have. 

Updates on your investigators?  Still haven't seen H*** or E****...:'( but they came to the baptism that the hermanas had on Friday! They talked to everyone they even talked to our bishop! We were hoping that that would mean we could start seeing them again but they still aren't answering us. But when Hermana Hill asked them when they were getting baptized H*** said "pronto" which means soon. But they hardly ever answer us! And M*** who is supposed to be getting baptized on Saturday is having a lot of doubts and isn't coming to church. But we had a really really good lesson with him with another member on Saturday, and our other investigator who is supposed to be getting baptized next Saturday isn't coming to church! and the other two investigators that we have, come to church, read and pray but aren't married! The guy just needs to move out! He is married to someone in Mexico and it costs a lot to get a divorce and he wants to move out but his "wife" doesn't want him too. It's really just kind of frustrating and we really aren't sure what to do at this point. We are just going to keep praying for them. Things will all work out in the Lords timing.

We are close to reactivating this one person, he's come to church twice and it's really frustrating because no one sits by him! But we have a feeling that he needs to meet one of the hermanas in our ward and then they can get married :)  haha we both think that he needs to marry this one person, and I mean we need a woman to come with us when we visit him so we might just bring her with us and then they can meet and if it's right then yay!! haha things we do as a missionary....


But anyways this week was really good, I'm really bummed that Hermana Carbajal is getting transferred but it's time for me to get a new companion and everyone says that once she leaves my Spanish will get better and my teaching will get better because I will have to stand on my own and not rely on her. 

We got to help out Santa again this week and that was really fun! We just stuffed letters and got them ready to send off. We started teaching one of our members English which is really fun to do.  We are about to get on our bishops good side because we are going to start teaching his son the lessons because he is going to get baptized in a few months and he wants his son to understand more about everything and so we get to teach him! :D

I'm Hoping that this week we will finally be able to see more of our investigators!! And find out what they need so that they can progress. Here's to hoping my next companion will have some ideas...

Love you all!!!



Happy Thanksgiving!! Feliz dia de accion de gracias!

Meal numero 1

I love this family so much!

This family is pretty awesome too!

Meal numero 2

After a long day of eating I was tired!

One of the hermanas in my district who is leaving forever!

We had fun outside a members house :)

The tree we decorated at the Ardmore's apartment

No comments:

Post a Comment