Things were busy but good this week! We got 4 new investigators! We met one of our referrals on Wednesday
and he came to the baptism of M*** on thrusday and we had a lesson
with him and he was going to come to church but he went to San Antonio
for the weekend. But he is pretty legit and then we met another referral
that was from some missionaries and she just wants her kids to grow up
in a good church with good standards. She is pretty awesome too! Then we
went and visited a former investigator and they are open to learning
again :) and, last night we met some pretty awesome people that said we
could stop by sometime so hopefully we will have more investigators
pretty soon and we still haven't seen H*** and E*** but we left a note
last night and he texted us today saying he would see if we could come
over tonight or sometime really soon. :D we've just been working super
hard and it is so good. This area has so much potential!
How are things w/ you and Hma Coronado? Things
are getting better every day we are just working on having more and
more unity so that we can baptize this area and reactivate it as well :)
we are working so hard and it's so good :)
Did your ward have a Christmas party? yeah
but it was just eating, they were going to have a dance and the kids
broke a piƱata but we left before they did the dance. The food was good
though :)
Would you like me to send you some pancake mix? What about syrup? yeah that would be awesome :) that is something easy to just whip up in the morning :)
How was the baptism this week? Man
the baptism was so stressful because before it started the 2nd
counselor in the bishopric told us that he wouldn't be able to preside
and both our talks didn't show up and the bishop couldn't come and the
1st counselor didn't come and so the elders quoroms president had to
direct it, preside at it, and give the welcome to the ward/elders
quorum. And then we asked the elders to prepare a talk for baptism and
for the holy ghost. They did so good and in the end it went well but it
was stressful oh and the font overfilled haha. Hermana and I sang I need
thee every hour and it was really good :D
What
did your ward do for Church yesterday? Nothing really exciting, the bishop talked
and then I think it was someone from the stake that talked. But we
didn't have a Christmas program or anything :(
Tell me about your Sundays…are they different than the other days of the week?
kinda but not really I mean we have church and then sometimes we go
back to our apartment...I meant to read my scriptures but I had a headache and was tired so I fell asleep on the couch for a little bit and
Hermana took a nap too and then we went contacting and met some awesome
people and made some appointments, we were going to go caroling with the
hermanas and the elders but the elders couldn't and 5 minutes before we
were going to start caroling the hermanas cancelled so we went back to
contacting. It's basically the same as any other day besides that we go
to church in the morning :)
Tell me about your Christmas party! They
were so mean to us!!! They made us sing home for the holidays and I'll
be home for Christmas!! haha when they said that we were singing that
everyone made some type of groaning noise! The first part was hearing from
president and sister mortensen, Hermana carbajal sang her song and I
played for her and then we watched a version of the nativity and it was
really good and then we ate and talked with people and took pictures and
it was all really fun. Yeah we sang to sister Ardmore and we gave her a
card that we bought her and she felt really special and we were so
happy that we bought her a card. We then went back into the chapel
and watched a slide show of pictures that all of us sent in and then we
heard testimonies and there were musical numbers and I played
a song that might make it into the primary song book. Sister Edwards
wrote a poem and then it got put to music and I got to play for her and
some other sisters that sang with her. So if this song is ever in the
primary hymn book I was the first one to play it where it was
performed!!! I got your package and I'm saving it :) it's really hard
but I put it up high so I don't open it :)
Do
you have any plans to go to the temple anytime this transfer?
it's once a transfer but we haven't set anything up this transfer yet :(
I want to go but we haven't really talked about it and we dont' have
anyone that is preparing to go through yet. we might get to once deisy
decideds to get her recommend to do baptisms for people in her family
but we haven't gone yet :(
Yesterday
I ate the weirdest hot dog I will ever eat, it was hot dog wrapped in
bacon, with mayo tomato and onion and ketchup haha it was pretty good
but really really weird!!
We are just out here working hard and trying to do everything we can for
this place! Our numbers are horrible this week but we know we worked
hard so I don't' care about our numbers. We know we haven't wasted any
time and so I don't' care what our numbers are. It's like a test in
school. I never felt like my test scores showed what I know so I don't'
like numbers haha especially when they don't show how hard you work. but
oh well. we are going to start having some good numbers soon! Hopefully
we will get a couple of bap dates this week!!! We have so many people
who are lined up and perfect. But now we have 4 couples that need to get
married before baptism, H*** and E***, J*** and her husband (she's a
new investee) C*** and her husband (she was baptized years ago but
never received the holy ghost) F*** and A*** and there's one more
but I can't remember right now. Also we are going to start working with M***'s kids and get them baptized to because they've seen how it's
changed their dad and hopefully they will want to take the same step
too!!! Can't wait to do more work this week and talk to you on Thursday!!! :D it's going to be so great!!!
 |
| Me being stubborn and refusing to take more than one trip to the car haha |
 |
| On our way to the baptism |
 |
| M's Baptism |
 |
| Me and Hermana Coronado at the Mission Christmas Party |
 |
| MTC Companions--look our hair is all the same color-almost. |
 |
| Shalyn and Hma Provost |
 |
| Shay and friends |
 |
| Mission Christmas Party |
 |
| Merry Christmas Texas Houston Mission |
 |
| Companions! |
 |
| Santa's nice list |
 |
| Making cookies |
 |
| CTR cookies |
 |
| Another Baptism! |
 |
| Share the Gift cards |
 |
| Share the Gift |
 |
| Working hard! |
 |
| Texas Houston Mission--Shalyn is on the 5th row from bottom, on the left half. the guy behind her is leaning really far to the left. |
No comments:
Post a Comment