Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Don't be the weak link in your chain

This past week has been pretty great. On wednesday we got our new teacher. Since our other one is now starting going to college. During the week on one of the days we learned how to teach about the book of Mormon. It was so much fun. Its so great seeing how much i really know in spanish. It is always so much fun when we get to teach in class. Since we have an even number of people in our district we each get paired up with one other person and we teach eachother. But i swear all last week i was always the first one to teach! oh well haha it was good practice. 

So two Sundays ago, Hermana Haslam and I, Elders Torres, Nibblet, and W were going to sing I need thee every hour in sacrament meeting. But that Sunday everyone was sick and so we couldn´t do it. We changed it to this past sunday but last Wednesday Elder torres (our zone leader) came up to us and told us that Elder W was going to be leaving to go back home. We ended up singing it for his district. It was so sad to see another elder go home. He had been here one week longer than I have. Hopefully he will be able to fix what ever happened and come back out when he is ready. When we sang it for his district the spirit was so strong. I loved it. 
This past week I have memorized the purpose and the first vision in spanish and now as a district we are working on memorizing doctrina y covenios 4. 7 verses that are pretty short...shouldn´t be that hard...I just memorized the first one today. 

So on one of the days last week I almost got hit with a basketball like 4 different times during gym. Hermana Haslam wanted to play basketball and so she and some other sisters went onto one of the courts and played basketball. Hermana Woodard and I laid in the grass and studied, I also did some small exercise things. There were these elders playing basketball on another court and kept trying to make half court shots. Every time I moved the ball would come directly toward me. I moved 4 times and every time if I didn´t look up I would have gotten hit. one of the times I looked up and caught the ball in my hands. Those elders. haha

So on Saturday I asked Elder Hickman to give me a blessing. And it was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had. It answered a question I have had for a few years and it helped me with all my other smaller questions/doubts. I could not believe it. It was the best night ever. 

In our district at night we have started this thing wehre we choose two people and then go around the room and say nice things about them. I wrote down a summary of what was said when it was my turn. 
Elder Riding said he could see how loving and caring I am and he can see what a great mom i will be in the future. 
hermana Boulton said how selfless i am and how i just care for others. She said that she thinks that i am the Mom of the group. And she knows i will help bring many people to the truth. 
Herman Mcarthur said how caring and loving i am
Elder Maher said i am the silent example to our district on being obedient and hard working
Hermana Woodard told everyone how grateful she was for me when she was sick nd how i spent all my time helping and taking care of her
Elder Hickman said anytime he talks to me he feels cared about and then he added don´t worry just in a missionary way.
Elder Andrews said he also thinks of me as the mom of the district. 
Hermana Haslam said i have a strong testimony and how loving and caring i am. 
Elder Nibblet just said bank geeks for life. he played the saxaphone. 
Elder Torrest thanked for for playing the piano in sacrament when needed
and Elder Jensen who doesn´t really know me (other zone leader) just said he knows I have a purpose and i know why I am here. 

So I counted and we average on saying about 15-20 prayers a day. Maybe more depending on what we do. 
My companions love to tease me because when ever I am in the shower I only take about 5-8ish minutes. 

I started this thing where I read the book of Mormon in Spanish really slowly, I have my dictionary and my English scriptures near me and as I read I find the words I don´t know and I look them up. It takes so much time but it is great to see that i really do know more than i think. I have a picture of one of the pages. 

Oh this Sunday was the best day ever!!! 
Relief society we talked about not being the weak link in our chain of generations. 
In sacrament meeting I had to give my talk. It was on repentance. Yeah they don´t even tell you before church. they just announce it during the meeting. Oh i was shaking so bad and i repeated the same line twice...luckily no one but the branch presidency really (tries..haha broken spanish) listens. 
Our first devotional was on saying specific prayers. 
Our second devotional was about becoming a life long missionary. we listened to a devotional given by Elder Holland so yeah as you can guess it was pretty amazing. 
The video for that night was Joseph smith the prophet of the restoration. I wrote about 3-4 pages of notes. Just my thoughts. 
Our district devotional after that was amazing. I bore my testimony I was the second one. 
Sundays are the best days at the CCM!!!
On Monday night there was a HUGE rainstorm. A ton of LOUD thunder and a ton of lighting. It was down pouring for a while. Luckily when we walked back to our house it was not raining as much because neither of us brought our umbrellas with us. 

Today we went to the temple and it was so amazing. It was really sad that we couldn´t go in but we got to look at it and got into the visitor´s center where we got a tour and watched a film on families. 

I love it here!! Can´t believe how fast the time has gone so far!!!
Bus ride to the Temple

Things I saw on the way to the Temple


Things I saw on the way to the Temple


Things I saw on the way to the Temple
  

Things I saw on the way to the Temple
  

Things I saw on the way to the Temple

Things I saw on the way to the Temple

Things I saw on the way to the Temple
  
Mexico City Temple Visitors Center


My district--back row Elders Elders Hickman, Andrews, Niblett, Maher, Riding front row Hermanas McArthur, Boulton, Medeiros, Haslam, Woodard)







Mexico City Temple

Mexico City Temple



My District



One of our churches in Mexico City


My marking of 1 Nephi Chapter 1

Pesos

"hermana Woodard can´t have gluten so she eats a spoon full of nutella "
"Hermana Haslam loves peanut butter"


"My lunch today the dessert tasted like chocolate pudding but the texture was like silly putty..."
"My breakfast today"
"the shirt i bought today :)"

"The best chocolate milk ever"

Brownies I sent her

These four missionaries are all from our neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment