Hey!! So lets see what happened this week?
Last Wednesday during our second block of classes it was really great.
Hermano Hernandez first gave the guys a situation and us hermanas were
the missionaries. The situation of the elders as investigadores was
that they didn´t feel that god answered their questions. I caught on
after a few questions and asked what he was expecting in an answer and
elder Andrews responded that he expected to see a vision. Oo that was a
tough one to explain. Then Hermano Hernandez gave us hermanas a
situation. our situation was that we had an abortion and felt that we
could never be forgiven. hermano hernadez told us that we could not tell
the elders what our situation was until we felt their love and that
they were really interested in us as investigadores. It took all of them
a long time to get us to trust them. But it was amazing we all felt the
spirit in each of our different practices. You really have to try to
put yourself in the investigadores shoes and try to feel what they would
feel.
With hermano alverez we did an ice berg activity. He acted as the investigator and I don´t remember what his situation was but we all
asked questions trying to get him to trust us and to get under the ice
berg. We really had to listen to the spirit to figure out what the
problem was. Those we teach won´t always tell us what is really wrong
and so we have to listen to the spirit. A few days later we taught our investigator Erik (hermano hernandez) He has been a real tough one
because he just doesn´t seem to feel much or to even really be there in
our lessons. So before our last lesson with him we prayed harder, we
sang some hymns, and then we closed our eyes and tried to really feel
what he might be feeling. We went into the lesson and the spirit was so
strong the entire time. It was almost time to end and I felt that I
should show him a picture our of the picture book I bought. its the
picture of Jesus knocking on the door. So I showed it to him and at
first he didn´t understand but I was able to explain it to him and how
it´s like the door to your heart. Christ can´t open it for you. He won´t
force the door open. You have to let him in. I don´t even remember
everything I said in Spanish but I know I was being helped by the
spirit. We knew that he felt the spirit too. And we were able to get
under the ice berg. We felt so good after that lesson.
This week was able
memorize D&C 4. It was hard. I memorized it in English in one night
and then it took me about four days to get it memorized in Spanish.
One of the mornings last week I think it was Saturday
maybe I woke up and I had weird bumps on both my wrists and by my
elbows and they itched. So after we ate dinner we went to the enfermaria
just to see if it was anything weird. The doctor there today was a lady
who didn´t really speak English at all. I was so glad I could just
point out was wrong and then I was able to answer some of the other
questions she asked. She gave me some pills to take but later that day
they went away. It was really weird.
Sundays are always the
best day. The devotionals are always great and we watched the movie the
mountain of the lord. I love that each Sunday
they show us church videos. They are so amazing. Then afterwards we
always have a testimony meeting with our district. Sundays are also the
most beautiful day our of every week. It did get cold at night but the
morning was gorgeous.
Yesterday (Monday)
we taught Israel and we really didn´t have any plan because the time we
normally fully plan our lesson we didn´t have today because we went
over with our language part of class. We were planning on teaching him
on baptismal covenants and the word of wisdom. We start talking to him
and he tells us that he was fired from his job and he didn´t understand
why God would punish him like this. He has been going to church, reading
scriptures and praying and all those things. We had to explain that
sometimes it´s for our benefit. But he still didn´t understand. I felt I
should share D&C 58 2-4 with him. I love those scriptures. I
remembered what 3-4 said but I didn´t remember what verse 2 said and
for some reason in my head I just asked him to read 3-4. It definitely
helped him realize that things will turn out ok and that God knows more
than he does. After the lesson I looked up that chapter and realized
verse 2 would have been so good for him to read. I wish I would have listened more and asked him to read those three verses. My companions
thought the lesson sucked. they were focusing on everything we did
wrong. Me yeah we forgot to do somethings but I felt the spirit and I
know that he felt the spirit. I thought the lesson was great and the
mistakes that we make we can learn from them and not make them again in
the next lesson.
The food here is weird, they mix this meat with pineapple...I can´t stand it. Today we had eggs with some type of salsa. It was interesting. So my companions had me
try this salsa and oh my gosh my lips had barely closed and my mouth
was already on fire!!! But I ate the whole thing. Oh my mouth hurt for
the next ten minutes. They made fun of me for a while but then they had a spoon full of it and
they realized that it was quite spicy so they stopped teasing me there is this chicken that I love but it is so
spicy. I love spicy but I hate how sensitive my mouth is. There was this
other chicken that was spicy but it was SOOO good.
One more full week!!!!
Love you!!
 |
| Our district with hermano Daniel |
 |
| My trio with hermana Johnson |
 |
| Saying good bye to our sister training leaders. (the two in the middle) |
 |
| Our district with hermano Daniel |
 |
| Hermana Williams (from high school) and I |
 |
| Hermana woodard and I |
 |
| Hermana Johnson (she went to snow with me) and I. Yesterday was her last day. |
 |
| I was studying and they took a picture of me with my camera. |
 |
| Every Tuesday night we get pizza |
|
 |
| This ice cream was so good it was half ice cream sandwich and half ice cream covered in chocolate. |
 |
| This is what our desks end up looking like when studying...not so
dramatic but if you put everything on them then this is what you get. |
 |
| what heaven looks like when they restock the yogurt drinks |
 |
| Bumps on my arms |
 |
| The note our teacher left us |
 |
| It´s so pretty here!! |
 |
| It´s so pretty here!! |
 |
| It´s so pretty here!! |
 |
| It´s so pretty here!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment